Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Next in MSTSBin

Default What's Next in MSTSBin

[font color=blue]+ fix "fatal Blow Back" when switching camera
    + TimeOfDay() and Penalty() conditions fix for sphere of light (cone light)
    + fix MSTS crash when using Camera 4 view
    + Car numbers elevation decreased ( F7 view)
    + fix car jumping and couplers stretching for reversing [/font]

Looking forward to the last one to see whether it will have cured carriages oscillating when driving ICE trains forward through curves from either their front or rear cabs ! ;-)

O t t o

Default RE: What's Next in MSTSBin

When does he anticipate release?

Hi Otto

> TimeOfDay() and Penalty() conditions fix for sphere of light (cone light)

as you have a good line to George: Can you check whether that also includes fixing the crashes that happen when cones of lights are defined in .wag files (e.g. pilot-truck.wag of an engine that runs before the actual engine.eng file)? See my post and problem here: [Link Expired] (disregard the part where the post stray away on the RS-3 shape files)

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

I have concerns:

+ fix car jumping and couplers stretching for reversing

Does the first part of this refer to the jerkiness that you were experiencing with the F8 monitor? or to the jumping of the train when passing through switches set for the "other" path?

What is meant by couplers stretching for reversing? This ( as well as the "jumping tracks" is not a problem with correct double coupler settings. I am not so sure that I want something fixed that is not really broken. Please take some shots ( or better yet a video ) of what you mean by couplers stretching when reversing?
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

>When does he anticipate release?

Turbo Bill - You've got E-mail.

Also, increased minimum speed for cab switching (above 0.00240), unless George forgot about that one.

Progress indicator shows 80%, but judging by past news I would say within a week of the update new being posted, which was today, but that is just a guess.

Hi Joe !

[font color=blue]What is meant by couplers stretching for reversing? This as well as the "jumping tracks" is not a problem with correct double coupler settings. I am not so sure that I want something fixed that is not really broken. Please take some shots ( or better yet a video ) of what you mean by couplers stretching when reversing?[/font]

What George means is that cars are oscillating in a consist going through curves or crossover switches when driving a train forward from a rear cab !

I have tried all possible permutations using Bill's and my coupler variations and nothing stops it !

Tried to FRAPS it and the jerking stops the same as when I tried to capture a video of the F8 display stuttering !

Lukas' suggestion to reduce the stiffness stopped the oscillation of passenger cars driving forward from the front cab, but is worse driving forward from the rear cab !

O t t o

TPilot, can you resend that email, I did not receive it. Send me a pm if you need the email address again.

I wish he would change the alerter back to working on all signal indications rather than just with indications other than clear...

BNSF Conductor

>[font color=blue]+ fix "fatal Blow Back" when switching
    >camera................
    >[/font]
    >

O t t o,

[font color=red] Do not forget the fatal blowback caused by a condition in the blowers exposed by Bill Hobbs, here:[/font]
    [Link Expired]

Jorge

>TPilot, can you resend that email, I did not receive it.
    >Send me a pm if you need the email address again.

Re-sent as a PM.