Thread: Manual un-install of MSTS Bin

Default Manual un-install of MSTS Bin

Hello everyone!

I have a serious problem..... I tried to uninstall the MSTS Bin 1.7.021120 Patch but got an error saying "123.log cant be found, uninstalled cancelled". This is not good.... Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall this patch? I searched the forum and see many ways of how to uninstall with the uninstall.exe but nothing on how to uninstall the files manually.

Suggestion??
    Or could I install the newer version of bin then do an uninstall then reinstall the newer version again? Thinking the newer version will overwrite the files that are existiing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :-(

Thanks,

Default RE: Manual un-install of MSTS Bin

Hi Gerald !

No problem and is done easily !

In the Train Simulator delete:

MSTSBIN_BACKUP folder
    all Uninst_MSTS Patch*.* files
    the Train.exe

and from the bottom of this web site page download and install the MSTS Version 1.2:
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/trainsimulator

Having done all that then install another MSTSBin Patch, the latest being the 7.1.022100 one !

O t t o

Hi Otto!!!!!

Damn your good!!!!!! Thanks for the info!!!!

Like I said before "You da man!!!!!!!"

Before deleting the backup folder look inside it. You'll find the 1.4 train.exe in there along with some other files that were replaced when you installed the bin update.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric!

Thank for the info! ;-)

In case anybody needs to turn the MSTS clock back to the Version 1.2 - 1.4 patch folders and files, not having made a back-up of them and not easy to restore from the MSTSBIN_BACKUP folder, I assembled them into:

www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloads/pre-mstsbin.zip

which after unzipping into a temporary folder can then be used to overwrite any MSTSBin patched files leftovers, after having first deleted the MSTSBIN_BACKUP folder and the Uninst_MSTS Patch*.* files !

Be aware, that it's GUI folders do not contain any modified by you files, you should have a back-up of somewhere, or may need to re-install !

O t t o