Thread: Bin just keeps getting better....

Default Bin just keeps getting better....

Hello Group,
    Been playing around with some of the improvements George has added to bin and all I can say is WOW!. Night cabs that not only work at night but also switch on in tunnels, plus you also have a light that can be switched on and off. Well done George, Well done :)

Take care,
    Rich S.

Aliased Night Cab.

Night Cab with interior light switch on. I know, I know, I'm not the best graphic artist :)

Default RE: Bin just keeps getting better....

Hi Rich !

Yes, George is incredible, having achieved what he has so far and am sure that he has a few more tricks up his sleeve ! ;-)

He really deserves to get paid a lot of money for doing all this in his spare time, his full time job not paying all that much ! :-(

Take care, O t t o

Given the considerable improvements we see w/ bin, I for one have not the least reservation about his effort being rewarded w/ some money. If he wants to set up a "freinds of msts-bin" fund he should.

I think tho he should avoid the full payware mode on account of the unusual relationship his software has w/ the original. Such a mode -- whether for a license or using the term "shareware" -- might bring him trouble whereas a simple thank you fund seems to me to be innocent.

[b]Dave Nelson
    SLW Route Design: The Cal-P, 1950.[b]
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51...cing_Genma.gif
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51...s/4ad3d633.jpg

The latest and greatest (MSTSPatch1.7.022420) also seems to have fixed the annoying

bug. :)

I do agree that George needs to be a little careful on how he sets up a "friends of MSTSBin" fund. With Microsoft announcing their intention of getting back in the Train Sim game and an excess of idle attorneys, you never know how they might react. :( That said, George certainly deserves more than a hearty pat on the back for his efforts.
    ...rich

I have been raking my brain for a long time now, trying to find a way for George to get well deserved donations for his ceaseless efforts of improving MSTS for our enjoyment, which can not cause him to get into trouble with M$ ! ;-)

I got a way which I can not make public, not leaving a trace anywhere !

I wonder whether he could have a PAYPAL account so that he can collect donations notified to his e-mail address ?

Take care, O t t o.

If it's set up as a third party sort of thing. We'd just need someone who can be trusted to administer the program. Take George out of the loop, so-to-speak. If he's not asking for the money (which he hasn't), there would be less room for trouble. How about a Nobel nomination while we're at it? ;) Seriously, count me in for a donation!

Chris

Yes Chris, that is exactly what I have been thinking about and as I have a PayPal account could receive donations I can then pass on, wearing dark glasses and a Frankenstein cloak ! :7

Being a retired professional, accountant and well respected in the world can be trusted to add MSTSBin users donations to mine !

The recipient would be aware of who has contributed what and anybody could check with him whether their donations have been received !

If the forum wants me to do that then use my web sites home page e-mail address to make donations, I shall then pass on !
    www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

Take care, O t t o.