Thread: MSTS Bin and Activities

Default MSTS Bin and Activities

I'm posting this in Bin and Activities:

I've just about finished my 'train jumper' activity for the MLT Bridge line. Basically, the activity has a very short player path in Mechanicville yard. I assemble a string of cars, hijack an AI train by adding those cars to a train that is in waiting mode, take that train to Mohawk yard. I then cut off the power, couple it to a pair of road switchers. Those two switchers then assemble a train in Mohawk yard and head back to Mechanicville.

I've uncovered two issues that make the activity a little less "enjoyable".

1) Once I leave Mech'ville, every signal is a permissive red. The same applies to all of the signals on the return trip. It's a short distance and the scenery is good, but so much 15mph running gets a little tedious

2) I cannot restart the saved activity once I've made my first 'jump' to the AI train. I get a "World initialization Failed" error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on solving either of these problems?

Thanks

Rick

Default RE: MSTS Bin and Activities

I plan on building a short activity along the lines of your idea where you take an ai train instead of picking a loose consist. I bet MSTS still doesn't like some things Bin George has unlocked.

Answer posted on AF;
    [Link Expired]
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I read somewhere that you can add the numbers to the AI train so car numbers appear in the F7 view but can't remember where I read that. I wonder if doing this procedure would fix the save issue as well.