Thread: Can the bell turn off automatically after hit the horn??

Default Can the bell turn off automatically after hit the horn??

I am starting to wonder why can't the bell turn off after hit the horn " spacebar " All I see that the bell button still in not out in the cab of the locomotive. I wonder if George can fix two buttons can turn off together when finish using the horn and the bell. Did anyone noticed that with the bell button stay in not out after using the horn in the cab?? I am sure you have see yourself already. I know it's not a big deal for this but I just don't like to see I have to turn the bell off manually even I am deaf but can see the bell button stuck on in the cab.

Thank you,

John P. Mackay :+
    Belleville, ON Canada eh?

Default RE: Can the bell turn off automatically after hit the horn??

The bell staying on is controlled by a line in the specific engine file for the particular loco. It is the line that says something like "DoesHornTriggerBell" with either a 1 or 0 for the value.

When MSTS first came out, I uploaded replacement horn and bell files. The horn file would play a sequence of long,long,short,long like a crossing sequence would require. For my bell file I made the bell play for 15 seconds or so. My method was to have the HornTriggerBell set on in the "eng" engine file. I would hit the spacebar then "B", and the horn would play the sequence, and the bell would play for the 15 seconds and then stop....or if I wanted just bell, If I hit "B", I would get 15 seconds of bell sound.
    Call me lazy, but I have a hard time accurately getting a long, long, short, long, to sound correct, when I do it manually.

Kyle

In reality, you cut it off on your own. If you stop blowing the horn then start again, the engine cannot determine on its own if you have finished or are making a short blast. Its always been cut off on your own, and nothing new.

Cheers,

Jason Underwood
    Newport News, Virginia
    CSX Peninsula Sub MP.16
    [email protected]
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...1/ESHR_Sig.jpg

Hi,

There is nothing that needs to be fixed by George. The bell remains on in real life engines that have the bell activation feature. It must be turned off manually by the engineer when the horn is done being used.

Older engines do not have the bell come on automatically when the horn is activated.

Bryce