Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: night cabs

Default night cabs

Gentlemen,It's me again!The annoying newbe.I love the 1.7.0224 update!What I really looked forward to was the night cab.Downloaded folders by Ian MacMillan,the read me sounds basic and simple.Well,not for me.I can not figure out how to make work.I followed (I think!)the instructions,I even copied/pasted,dragged/dropped,in other words made a real mess!.Sorry in advance for another stupid request of assistance.Thanks,fellas,jamie.(will check back,bare with me)

Default RE: night cabs

Here is something to confuse you even more ! ;-)

[Link Expired]

I just can not be bothered, unless creators include Night cabs. The same goes for opening doors !

I don't do much driving at night or in tunnels and if I do am more interested in what goes on outside the cab then inside it ! ;-)

O t t o

Hello Otto,Thanks for reply.That is the post where I found Ian,s reply about his files.It sounded alot easier than "via rail canadas"!Or,so I thought!A HUGE THANK YOU to George and yourself on all that you fella's have offered the simming community.Best Regards,Jamie.(I'll keep messing with my night cab dilema)

Hi Jamie !

I still can not understand why the PAYWARE rolling stock creators can not get off their back sides and release MSTSBin Night Cab versions of their locos and also opening doors locos, wagons and carriages !

I am sure that there must be a new market for them, unless demand is limited to a few who read the MSTSBin forums ?

Could be that some of them are working on rolling stock for the new Train Simulators where there will be more money to be made, they hope ? ;-)

O t t o

You make a valid point, Otto,as usual!. I realize that with my very limited skills, I should stick to more simple activity's, but I just had to give it a go.I think the fact that you keep coming up with this wonderful stuff, I feel strongly compelled to try it all!

Hi Jamie !

Actually, it's George who keeps our brains working in overdrive, adding more functionality to MSTSBin with every release and with them a few niggles ! ;-)

Yes, it's a challenge and more fun making it all work than actually running trains in routes !

Mind you, I too tossed a few new ideas into the ring over the years ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.

Hello Otto and Jamie,
    Night cabs are really not that difficult, just takes a little time to darken the cab textures for use in a night cab and when you are finished the results are striking :) Marshall has also created an online tutorial on creating night cabs, have a look at:

http://www.tigerheli.joymonkey.com/msts/cablighting/

One last thing, night cabs are sub folders of the cabview folder and I'm even using engines with aliased night cabs.

Take care,
    Rich S.

RICHARD, THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!THAT LINK IS EVERYTHING I NEEDED.DOESN'T THAT CAB LOOK AMAZING?

Default NIGHTCABS

Thanks from me too, Rich !!!!

At last, a tutorial which fills in the gaps, like the Cablight function, which is not mentioned in the MSTSBin Manual_eng.doc !

Take care, O t t o.

Default RE: NIGHTCABS

Otto look at page six.

Regards,

Eric