Thread: MSTS Bin Request: AI Trains and Restricting Signals

Default MSTS Bin Request: AI Trains and Restricting Signals

I am aware that in the original MSTS, there was a bug whereby, if an AI train passes a signal showing a Stop and Proceed or Restricting indication, it will not resume speed upon receiving a more favorable indication, but rather will crawl along at restricted speed for the remainder of its run.

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed in any version of MSTS Bin to date?

Default RE: MSTS Bin Request: AI Trains and Restricting Signals

Currently I am running Bin 1.7??? I created a test activity for a route I am working on. Here are the results.

If the AI train...

... passes a restricting signal (e.g. STOP & PROCEED), the AI train will maintain restricting speed and never exceed it regardless of the next signals or speed zones.

... passes a temporary restricted speed zone as defined in the Activity Editor, the AI train slows for the restriction and then resumes speed once through the restricted zone. I believe this is an improvement from the original MSTS.

... passes a restricting signal then later goes through a restricted speed zone, the AI train will continue to maintain restricted speed and never exceed it.

Cheers,

Gary Cameron
    Red Deer, AB
    Canada

This would be nice to see fixed.

Added to my "To DO" list for George to have a look at later, after he has caught up with finishing what he was working on before his computer died and believe that another patch is imminent, 66% of it having been completed ! ;-)

O t t o

This problem is more general in that a traffic train will respond to the SpeedMPH value in SignalAspect for stop and proceed and restricting but not the other indications. If a traffic train passes a restricting with speed set to 10 and then passes another restricting with speed set to 80 the traffic train will speed up to 80. So a more general fix would be to have the traffic trains respond to speed for all indications. That would also solve the problem of not resuming speed.

"... passes a temporary restricted speed zone as defined in the Activity Editor, the AI train slows for the restriction and then resumes speed once through the restricted zone. I believe this is an improvement from the original MSTS."

Hi Gary

This has always worked...

GaryG