Thread: Italian Passenger Coaches with Opening Doors

Default Italian Passenger Coaches with Opening Doors

Try as I might, changing whatever I can think of, I can not re-couple them after uncoupling.

Has anybody got them and has any idea why they will not re-couple ?

O t t o

Default RE: Italian Passenger Coaches with Opening Doors

Otto,

Where do these come from. I looked at your downloads page, but did not see them. I was going to download them and have a look to see if I could figure this out for you. If you can tell me where to get them, I will look at them.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

Hi Joe !

They are part of the 200Mb:
    www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloads/wupper-stock.zip
    if your Internet connection can handle it !

Have not changed the Bounding Boxes of the this Italian stock yet, trying to find out why the do not couple !

You might like some of the other rolling stock, much improved by us !

Thanks for looking into it ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.

Hi Joe !

To make it easier for you and others, who want just that Italian trainset, I have uploaded it's 73Mb Zip to:
    http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloa...lian-train.zip

The included E-loco + 31 passenger cars + E-loco runs alright, but exiting the activity hangs MSTS. The shorter version causes no problems !

This download has adjusted for the Artic E-Loco bounding boxes, which allow it to be coupled and uncoupled, but the adjusted by me carriages bounding boxes do uncouple but refuse to be re-coupled !

Appreciate you looking into this and if you can make it work will re-issue both downloads ! ;-)

Below is a picture of what comes with the wupper-stock.zip, not showing many of it's freight and passenger cars !

Take care, O t t o.

Solved the problem !

Ran the passenger coaches through the Route Riter's CORRECT SETTINGS and TWEAK SETTINGS - EQUALISE BBOX functions and they now uncouple and re-couple as they should !!! :7

That program is worth a lot more than all the donations I have ever made, saving me a lot of toil and trouble spending endless hours trying to fix problems, most of the time not knowing where they are lurking ! :-(

Now to replace them in my download zips and in a couple of hours both should be ready for download ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.

Re-uploaded the wupper-stock.zip & italian-train.zip after having gone one better.

Adjusted the size of the wagons too so that their buffers just touch like the real ones and everything now looks and works perfect !

You can see why these couplers must be RIGID to prevent the buffers and the air hoses overlapping, or the latter separating. Had these buffer parameters been coded to have the same spring action as SLACK couplers, which was probably KUJU's intension they never had a chance to implement, then that would have been a different ball game altogether, but would still mess with the air hoses ! :-(

While I was working on this and taking screen-shots, I got surprised by this plane landing at the Duesseldorf airport ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.