Thread: Screens & Widgets?

Default Screens & Widgets?

Folks,

Could anyone give me an idea what the Screens & Widgets download on the MSTS Bin site are all about? I didn't see anything at the link describing them.

I hope this doesn't sound too self-serving, but I don't know what they are, don't know if I want them, and right now have several projects I'm working on, so I don't want to waste my time trying to uninstall them and restore my old setup if they are of no interest to me.

Thanks,

PaulS

Default RE: Screens & Widgets?

Your answer is here: http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/eng/eng.html

Regards,

Eric

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

It gives a new "loading" screen (which I like a lot more than the original) and some new screens to replace the Scotsman etc.Mostly so so.I think the other screens are not as good as the default and I went back to that for them.I also downloaded some new background screens from the FL and now have a mixture.The download does not take long,backup your originals and try it out.It does however do away with the extended loco choice list for the "explore" mode.I had to download the file in the FL to fix that.

Thanks, Peter.

Guess I'll give it a pass. Doesn't sound compelling.

PaulS

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Paul,give it a try,unzip it to a temp folder and look at the screens,you will like several of them!

Thanks, but I'm going to have to back-burner that right now. I'm immersed in helping a friend (my doctor) edit the memoirs of his paternal great-great grandfather. He was a Confederate Captain who escaped with some of his people from the Camp Chase POW camp here in Columbus, Ohio. He led his 2 compatriots to the Ohio River (trying to cross the rain-swollen river), where they were identified, fled to southern Pennsylvania, captured outside a B&O Railroad tunnel, escaped again and finally made it back to their lines. Pretty thrilling stuff for a history buff like me!

Probably end up being published in a historical journal, although my friend believes (rightly, I think) that there is a book there somewhere. Frankly, it would make a good Disney movie too, along the lines of the Great Locomotive Chase!

PaulS

Not sure what the widgets are, but the screens are replacement railroad splash and loading screens that replace the default ones in the GUI/Screens folder. These screens also have their own special coding, and it will change the default text locations in many of your screens, especially the one where you select the route and activity you want to run.