Thread: Trackside (cam 4) View Problem--is it Vista?

Default Trackside (cam 4) View Problem--is it Vista?

If someone has experienced this problem please let me know. I recently bought a machine with Vista. All my other machines are XP platforms. With the XP machines all the MSTS Bin patches allow me to move the camera with the arrow keys while in trackside 4 view. Now, with the new Vista based computer, no matter which version of the Bin patch I use I can't move the camera in trackside view with the arrows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Barry

Default RE: Trackside (cam 4) View Problem--is it Vista?

I don't see this as a problem, tell me if this what you see. When you press 4, it starts at the loco at one side (if it's going left to right) of screen and follows it across and continues faces that direction till the end of train. If you press and hold "ctrl" and the "lft" arrow the view will jump back to the left. Again it will follow the view untill it passes and if you have a long train running then you'll have to do it again and again. Now if you only hit 4 one time, as the loco passes it will follow it even though it has gone out of view.

Default RE: Trackside (cam 4) View Problem--is it Vista?

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. I still have my main gaming computer with XP -- pressing 4 gives me trackside -- not for a whole train but for the usual abbreviated several cars. But Bin gives the freedom to move in and out and left and right and up and down while in 4. You stay trackside, but can vary the position. You don't need to press "control" -- just hit any of the arrows. Now with Vista on another of my computers all I have is one position while in 4. It's locked in -- just as it was previous to Bin.

Hold on a moment. I just tried the Vista-based system again and what do you know, camera 4 now allows me to move with the arrows. I didn't do anything different. Perhaps a momentary glitch. Perhaps a Bin moment. By the way I'm using MSTS Bin Patch 1.7.0519

Thanks for you willingness to help,
    Barry