Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC Ore

Default WC Ore

We need some WC power now for this sim...

Dont ask why I called it WC ore....lol

Question Cheeseheads going down the LOO

'ay, 'oo you calling a 'ore? Hmmm, post in the screenshot forum with no screenshot, but since there's no request forum this is probably the closest thing. Gotta spell it out tho, to a Brit "WC" is "Water Closet" AKA a "LOO" as in "why does this silly Yank want a toilet for railsim?" Obscure little short lived route, I never heard of the Wisconsin Central until after it was gone (I'm from Chicago, moved up here to God's Country just a couple years ago), and I suspect most people wouldn't know about the "WC" either if they ain't Packer Backers (Go BEARS! ). I'd be willing to take a shot at it if someone wants to provide pics, I only saw a couple of real WC engines since the Canucks took over long before I moved up here. But I suspect some of the MSTS Cheeseheads will be along shortly to do better skins for the WC than I could ever make.

What pix would ya want...Seeing that there is no SD45 for KRS would you wanna do a SD40-2 in WC

SD45

SD40-2
    Last edited by els1223; 02-06-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: To big of pix

Angry I don't do requests!!!

Unless the project interests me, that is! Well, I'll give it a shot, got nothing better to do while I await the famous Update mark 1 to see what kind of damage I can do in the route editor with that. One problem is the TLAR (That Looks About Right) effect, I can pretty much eyeball a C&NW repaint and say "darker green" or whatever since I've been looking at those colors all my life, WC is new to me and seems to vary from red to purple with various shades of maroon between.

Probably have something by tomorrow that won't look very good (I'm not much of an artiste anyway ), no guarantees it won't get pulled a week later if the patch fixes the light saturation effect. Trouble there is you gotta darken the textures until they look black, then they're washed out in the game due to the lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (68.5 KB, 360 views)

Yeah there a maroon and cream color is what they call them...If you go to the www.railpictures.net web site and look at there WC SD40-2's....I am sure ya can find more pix that will help ya out .....

Thumbs up That works

This one in particular;

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...212857&nseq=30

Paint out the handrails and clone the one side and mirror it, best way to get that upside down pine tree or whatever it is reasonably accurate. Sides of the cab will be wrong, I can either move the logo down so the dynamic numbers don't cover it, or go thru that process BN1970 did to remove the dynamic numbers, either way gonna take some fudging.

EDIT: Just noticed, gotta move the logo down on the nose too, this thing don't have upper headlights.

Thumbs down Eeeek!

Hee-hee, this is gonna take longer than I thought, maybe I better scrap this and start over with the BNSF skin so I can figure out where the cab roof is. Needs a bit more red in that purple as well!
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (65.0 KB, 357 views)

Thumbs up

Yeah....A lil off there in color....But its a start

Thumbs up "See how they run, see how they run..."

Well, Three Blind Mice Paintworks (Motto: "It looks okay to us!") has finished and uploaded a "good enough for Cheeseheads" repaint, and I fought hard and managed to resist the temptation to paste a Chicago Bears logo on it. Had to do a little cleanup after my assistants finished;

But I think the end result is good enough for now.

Deano ever gets tired of playing paleontologist with the fossilized bones of that other trainsim we'll eventually see some GOOD WC stuff.
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (86.7 KB, 272 views)

This is really starting to look like the early days of MSTS. I wonder if these'll look stellar in seven years, too!