Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: BNSF Powder River Basin sneak preview

Quote Originally Posted by kevarc View Post
    I may, but right now I am still in Hawaii. Some vendors will not ship to another address.
    Yeah, I know. It is even worse when you're living outside of the US entirely...

Cool

I have the lastest bin and it works well but the PRB is probably very demanding. I do run with all settings at max. To tell you the thruth, this is one route that definately needs bin and probably the lastest. Route riter tells me I have no errors. It's time to upgrade again? There is not much out there except for a better video card, mine is a 6800GT that woud help much. When I buy my new laptop with an Intel T8300, I will try this again. Till then I will enjoy PRB with what I have.

Denis

With me, Route-Riter reports the following files missing:

SRV_100x4ChainLinkFence.s
    ROW_WireFence10m.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG30ft.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG60ft.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG90ft.s
    crowhaz1.s
    US2Deer.s
    chvy_trk1.s
    Car3.s
    INT_MDW1.s
    van_3.s
    bn_hyrail.s
    bn_mowtrk2.s
    sp_mowtruck1.s
    Car5.s
    pb_evergreen_cont1.s
    van_2.s
    INTwchip_btrain.s
    landcrus1.s
    INT_BNAU1.s

These aren't default files either, but files that should've been in the main install (I presume).

WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by USRailFan View Post
    With me, Route-Riter reports the following files missing:

SRV_100x4ChainLinkFence.s
    ROW_WireFence10m.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG30ft.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG60ft.s
    SRW_4wTelegraphPole_AG90ft.s
    crowhaz1.s
    US2Deer.s
    chvy_trk1.s
    Car3.s
    INT_MDW1.s
    van_3.s
    bn_hyrail.s
    bn_mowtrk2.s
    sp_mowtruck1.s
    Car5.s
    pb_evergreen_cont1.s
    van_2.s
    INTwchip_btrain.s
    landcrus1.s
    INT_BNAU1.s

These aren't default files either, but files that should've been in the main install (I presume).

WTF?????
    Hi,

please check your PRB\SHAPES folder to see if they are missing. I can assure you they were included in the installer package and as such should be installed. If they aren't first thing to do is try a re-install.
    - Coal Country: The Orin Line
    - Alameda Corridor: Track: 100%
    Building even more warehouses...

Nope, they're gone. Managed to find most of them in other routes, or in the file library though, but still lacking the SRV_Telegraphpole files...

There are no faults or missing files in this route, at least on my pc and after installing it on two different occasions.

Neither did i require the texture files, kindly supplied in the patch, as they were already installed.

Try running the install.bat, two or three times to make sure it copies all the required files. Which is a well know reason for files being missing in some users installs and not others.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by OwainGlyndwr View Post
    Try running the install.bat, two or three times to make sure it copies all the required files. Which is a well know reason for files being missing in some users installs and not others.

Mike.
    In the list he supplied there are some files that are not default shapes and as such are not copied by the installme.bat.

However, I can't think of any other reason why these files are missing on his installation. They are included in the installer package. I can't come up with any reason for these files to be missing :-(
    - Coal Country: The Orin Line
    - Alameda Corridor: Track: 100%
    Building even more warehouses...

Must've been som hickup during install... Strangely enough the needed .sd and .ace files were in place... Oh well.. I reinstalled and it seemed to work fine. Ran the route for a bit, great looking route but unfortunately too taxing for my ancient computer...

Edwin, i can only speak for myself. But i have checked the route with Route Riter and it comes back with no missing files and no errors.

To me it sounds like the person having problems, needs to turn down the level of detail to run the route. Shapes not loading is a common fault when a pc is struggling to run a route.

cheers,
    Mike.

Actually Route-Riter reported the files missing, and when checking the route's directory they were indeed missing. As I said I guess it must've been some hickup during install.