Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for Rail Simulator Beta Testers

Default Call for Rail Simulator Beta Testers

RailDriver Calls for Rail Simulator Beta Testers

After months of development, RailDriver software to support Rail Simulator is ready for Beta testing. To qualify as a tester you must be a RailDriver owner with the North American release of Rail Simulator running on a PC with Windows 2000, XP, or Vista.

RailDriver users interested in becoming Beta testers should please write to us here: [email protected]

Just fired off my application........

DaveL

Smile This needs to be in the Rail Simulator forum(s)!

Got the e-mail. sign me up. would have beat the other guy 'cept couldn't find my password to the forums. duh! I'm ready now!
    Last edited by grizzledbiker1; 04-01-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Default Thanks

At last count we have about 70 testers signed up. We will be sending a link out to the group shortly. Please remember this is still a Beta version so you may see a few rough edges.

Default Beta installed and ran right out of the box

Thanks for including me in the beta. I have it installed and have run several engines in Rail Simulator with no problems. It is too early for me to share my observations on performance but I can say that overall I am quite pleased.

I am also very happy that the Raildriver still functions with MSTS.

One thing I am not real clear on is how to shut off the Raildriver when done with the Rail Simulator session. Using the windows task manager to halt the process sounds a little harsh. When I exited the Rail Simulator, the Raildriver readout still said OFF. I feel more comfortable with it reading the standard 'rd' that I am familiar with. After this first time with Rail Simulator, I wanted to check the MSTS function and when I loaded the Raildriver Manager for MSTS it switched to the normal readout.

Please indicate specific steps to close out a Rail Simulator session in regards to the Raildriver.

I changed some of the key commands but when I try to print out new legend, the right side is cut off. I can't create new key labels in MacroWorks II program (not in Legend Maker). When the Reverser lever is in center position, the HUD in Rail Simulator doesn't say "N".

To close the RD MWII use these steps:

1. Right click on the RDMWII icon like below

2. Left click on exit.

Default Need for a Shift key on the Raildriver

I have my buttons all set up and labeled, and I attempted to run Rail Simulator using the Rail Driver alone (no keyboard). I discovered that I really needed the shift key from the key board in order to set the switches in the 2D map (Shift+LMB).

I went back to the X-keys Macroworks and attempted to program an unused button with the <Shift> key and it appeared to accept the assignment, but when I restarted Rail Simulator the button assigned as the <Shift> key did not produce the required (Shift+LMB) that we need to change the switches in the 2D map.

A screen dump of my button setup is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Modifiers on the RailDriver

Dick,

The ability is there but it's a little tricky. If you look in the MWII help file under Advanced Features - Key Down and Key Up there is a nice little explanation and tutorial for programming an Alt key. You should be able to follow the same steps for your Shift key.

I hope this helps.

I will be interested to see your key layout after you've worked with it for a bit.

Default Shift + Click

Dick,

After looking again at your post, I may have a better solution for you. You can program a Shift + Mouse Click combo if that is the only thing you are using the Shift key for. It would look like the attached image in the RailDriver programming window.
    Attached Images Attached Images