Thread: Cadiz Local Fix

Default Cadiz Local Fix

There should be a file to fix the Cadiz Local activity I submitted yesterday. MSTS does not like it when activity and path names are very similiar and yet different. I will be uploading Cadiz Local Return in a few minutes. The Cadiz local uses the path: Cadiz Local from Barstow.pat and the Cadiz Local Return uses the path: Cadiz Local from Cadiz.pat.

I am sorry about the bad files. There is a new activity file and a new path file that you will need to put in their approapriate folders.

Bob Edwards

Default cadiz local fix at downloads

The Cadiz Local fix is for the Cadiz Local and not the Cadiz Local Return as shown on the download screen. I guess I was getting two confused trying to sort out the problems.

Twice I have ran across exchanges of player paths from one activity to another when the activity names and path names have common portions. In this case, MSTS swapped the path "Cadiz Local from Cadiz" to the Cadiz Local activity which should have had the path "Cadiz Local from Barstow." That messed up the Cadiz Local upload. I later found that the Cadiz Local Return activity had inserted the path Cadiz Local from Barstow which was wrong. I caught that one before it was uploaded.

I ran across that problem a couple of years ago when doing a two step activity for the Cascades Crossing route and determined I would not make the same mistake again--I did.
    Has anyone else found this to be a problem with MSTS?

Bob Edwards

Is there really a Cadiz local from Barstow? Does it interchange cars to and from the Arizona and California Railroad?

I've been to Cadiz to see the old water tower and Santa Fe sign board.
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

Default Cadiz Local

Yes, there is a Cadiz Local that is a daily run from Barstow to Cadiz during the week. There is a photo that I copied from one of the Internet train photo places. I think if you simply do a Google on Cadiz Local under images it will probably bring up the photo and it relates a few things about the train. I tried to make the Cadiz Local consist look as much like the photo as possible.

Bob Edwards

Hi Bob. I still cannot get the Cadiz local to run right even with your fix. In the Cadiz local I am starting out in Cadiz when I should be in Barstow. Route riter does not recognize the path file "Cadiz local from Barstow" allthough it is in the path folder.

The Cadiz local return will not even load.

I am running XP Home with lots of power. It is very unusual for your activities not to work right out of the box. The return act will not load in the activity editor.

Thanks for any help Greg

It took me a while but I finally got both activities working. Make sure you have both activities installed and please use the patch that came with the first part---cadiz local from barstow. You will also find some items missing from the list of stock plus some that were not named correctly but they are all on TS.
    Item 1: Copy the Cadiz local.srv and name it Cadiz local1.srv
    Item 2: In the Cadiz local.srv, change the path to Cadiz Local from Barstow which replaces Cadiz Local from Cadiz. This will start the first part from Barstow instead of Cadiz.
    Item 3: Change the entry in Cadiz Local Return.act for the player service definition to Cadiz Local1. This will start this activity from Cadiz.

I tried them both and they work just fine. Remember to use a proper editor such as wordpad or editor2 or contect to keep the file in unicode text for MSTS.

Remember, this works for me. If you still have problems, please email the author. Thanks

Denis

Thanks Denis for getting that straightened out.

Bob

I hate to bring up an old thread, but the ATSF 2D8 2SD50 1SD40 50 PIGS.con file has a serious error that I can not fix. There is a non-unicode charchter in this file and ConBuilder cannot open it to check.

Thanks

Send me a message with your email address and I will send you a new file.

Bob Edwards
    [email protected]

Bob, check your PMs