Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raildriver problem

Default Raildriver problem

I got a bit of problem with my new Raildriver *Sigh* When I hit Start/Run Raildriver in the train cab, it doesn't set up, it just keeps toggling back and forth ebtween the three HUD's, like it's repeatedly pressing F5. Help please.

The symptom is caused by the RD being unable to find the red HUD information in the upper right corner of the screen. Some of the causes are:

You have to run MSTS in full screen mode, not windowed and run it on XP and not Vista.

If you've done something to the HUD such as change the colors or font as might happen with some of the HUD add-ons (or MSTSbin), RD will fail to find its info.

If you have set your video card's antialias or ansiotropic filtering to something other than 'none' or 'application controlled', RD might have trouble finding its info.

If your PC is too slow, RD will cycle the HUD because it takes too long for it to figure out what it's supposed to do. Check your frame rate (shift-Z). If it's lower than about 8, you're going to have trouble.

Good luck.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stresstool View Post
    The symptom is caused by the RD being unable to find the red HUD information in the upper right corner of the screen. Some of the causes are:

You have to run MSTS in full screen mode, not windowed and run it on XP and not Vista.

If you've done something to the HUD such as change the colors or font as might happen with some of the HUD add-ons (or MSTSbin), RD will fail to find its info.

If you have set your video card's antialias or ansiotropic filtering to something other than 'none' or 'application controlled', RD might have trouble finding its info.

If your PC is too slow, RD will cycle the HUD because it takes too long for it to figure out what it's supposed to do. Check your frame rate (shift-Z). If it's lower than about 8, you're going to have trouble.

Good luck.
    I think the font may very well be different, um, how do I change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    I think the font may very well be different, um, how do I change it?
    Beats me. Did you copy the string.dll from the 'Rail Driver DLLs' directory after installing bin? It is my understanding the default font and/or color and/or position on the screen of the HUD is changed by bin so George provided a string.dll to restore RD's required colors, positions and fonts but you have to do the legwork to replace it. If you haven't done so already, just overwrite the string.dll in the top level directory with the appropriate one from the 'Rail Driver DLLs' directory.

If you have already done that, then I have to ask another question. Do you use mini-routes or do you otherwise have multiple installations of MSTS and either start MSTS via its launcher or via RDmanager? If none of that is true, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
    Dave

Beats me. Did you copy the string.dll from the 'Rail Driver DLLs' directory after installing bin? It is my understanding the default font and/or color and/or position on the screen of the HUD is changed by bin so George provided a string.dll to restore RD's required colors, positions and fonts but you have to do the legwork to replace it. If you haven't done so already, just overwrite the string.dll in the top level directory with the appropriate one from the 'Rail Driver DLLs' directory.

If you have already done that, then I have to ask another question. Do you use mini-routes or do you otherwise have multiple installations of MSTS and either start MSTS via its launcher or via RDmanager? If none of that is true, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
    I actually start MSTS via either RDmanager or Train-Store and then RD-Manager. I've also copied that String.dll to the main MSTS directory too, and that hasn't fixed it yet. Also,w hat's a mini-route? And well, no, I just have the installation of MSTS and Trainz UTC on my computer.

To get the default Heads Up Display text within MSTS please download the attached zipped file and extract the contents to the following location:

:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\GUI\Driveraids
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RailDriver_Rocco View Post
    To get the default Heads Up Display text within MSTS please download the attached zipped file and extract the contents to the following location:

:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\GUI\Driveraids
    I did that and it's still doing the same thing, the RD display showing - - - and it basically just hits F5 over and over...

It has to be a fundamental problem.

What are your system specs, specifically your video card?
    What have you set your video card options to? Can you post a screenshot of them?
    I don't know if it matters, but what have you set your screen resolution in MSTS?
    Dave

It has to be a fundamental problem.

What are your system specs, specifically your video card?
    What have you set your video card options to? Can you post a screenshot of them?
    I don't know if it matters, but what have you set your screen resolution in MSTS?
    How would I get my system specs and video card specs? And as for MSTS resolution, I tried each option, didn't work, from 640x480 to that 1024 one

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    How would I get my system specs and video card specs? And as for MSTS resolution, I tried each option, didn't work, from 640x480 to that 1024 one
    Press START
    Select RUN
    Type DXDIAG <enter>

Then choose the 'Save all information' button on the bottom and pick a place to put the dxdiag.txt file. Open dxdiag.txt with notepad or wordpad, highlight the sections that identify "System Information" and "Display devices" and copy to the clipboard (control-C). Post a message here and copy the clipboard to it (control-V).

I cannot assure you I can figure anything out from that, but maybe it'll highlight something.
    Dave