Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelscript error

Default Angelscript error

I have installed the release candidate for Raildriver but after calibrating my Raildriver and then clicking the MWII i keep getting an Angelscript error??"The script file has been corrupted" Please help me ,i am probably doing something wrong Incidently nothing works in RS now??
    Edit: I have reverted to the Beta version and everything is fine again.Has anyone else had problems with the Release candidate??
    Last edited by rb25deturbo; 06-08-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Default Angelscript error

I had same problem with release candidate on Windows Vista. I was able to get rid off this error by starting MWII as administrator (right click -> Run as Administrator). Now release candidate works better than beta ever did on my computer.

This can be caused if Rail Simulator is not installed in the default location. You can change this by going to Local Disk:\Program Files\PI Engineering\RailDriver MWII\XKeyDevices\Vid05F3Pid00D2 and open the ReportConfig.txt file. Edit the path at the bottom of the file to where your RailDriver.dll is located (pictured below).

We will be adding this to our install procedure.

Thats worked a treat, thankyou.

I thought i would add this observation: I was running an activity using the class 66 on the S and D and realised half way through that my F5 Hud display was not on,(nor was F3) but all the controls etc were working fine??? I was under the impression that Rail Driver required this to be showing in order for it to work?

Smile RailDriver and the HUD

rb25deturbo,

The HUD is only required in MSTS. Since MSTS offered no means of feedback, our software has to read the screen and use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to figure out the values for speed, notch position, brake pressure, etc.

In Rail Simulator these values come back to us in a more conventional fashion and the HUD is not required. The same is true for Trainz and will be true for MSTS2.

Glad to hear everything is working for you.
    Dan from RailDriver and P.I. Engineering

Hee Hee, silly me! Thanks for replying

OK... I've tried the above path fix but my system still gives the angelscript error twice every time I try to start MWII. Raildriver doesn't respond at all in KRS.

raildriver.dll (dated 4th Feb 2008) is held in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rail Simulator\plugins

ReportConfig.txt editted to:

-------------------------------------------

constant 0

uid_and_ps 14 -

module \Program Files (x86)\Rail Simulator\plugins\RailDriver.dll
    module plugins\RailDriver.dll
    moduleFunction void SetRailDriverConnected(const bool)
    moduleFunction bool GetRailSimLocoChanged()
    moduleFunction float GetRailSimValue(int, int)
    moduleFunction bool GetRailSimCombinedThrottleBrake()
    moduleFunction void SetRailSimValue(int, float)

--------------------------------------------------

Running a dual core 6600 (no trouble running KS from keyboard) with 2 GB RAM and an 8800GTX graphics card.

Any help appreciated please.

Oooops... Editted to add, running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
    Last edited by Fodda; 06-21-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added OS details

Quote Originally Posted by Fodda View Post
    OK... I've tried the above path fix but my system still gives the angelscript error twice every time I try to start MWII. Raildriver doesn't respond at all in KRS.

raildriver.dll (dated 4th Feb 2008) is held in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rail Simulator\plugins

ReportConfig.txt editted to:

-------------------------------------------

constant 0

uid_and_ps 14 -

module \Program Files (x86)\Rail Simulator\plugins\RailDriver.dll
    module plugins\RailDriver.dll
    moduleFunction void SetRailDriverConnected(const bool)
    moduleFunction bool GetRailSimLocoChanged()
    moduleFunction float GetRailSimValue(int, int)
    moduleFunction bool GetRailSimCombinedThrottleBrake()
    moduleFunction void SetRailSimValue(int, float)

--------------------------------------------------

Running a dual core 6600 (no trouble running KS from keyboard) with 2 GB RAM and an 8800GTX graphics card.

Any help appreciated please.

Oooops... Editted to add, running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
    Have you nhad a look here for vista probs
    http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=215&t=84512

Thanks for the link, but a guy called Mark has posted the exact same problem as me, and no reply to his yet either. Thought I'd try here as it's the RailDriver forum. I'll keep an eye on both threads.