Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Terrain Simulator

Default Microsoft Terrain Simulator

Original Route: V Scale Creations A&O Sub by Andre Ming

Available here http://www.vscalecreations.com/

A few personal modifications for the sake of it .....

Rod

That looks WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.USLW.net - Fo Show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinCentral View Post
    That looks WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you kindly - not bad for an old sim

Framerates on my PC match what I get from KRS Cajon and moderately detailed Trainz routes.

Lot of life in this sim yet...

Rod

Impressive....Just we could get payware routes with that kind of detail involved.

Rod,that's really impressive.You've been working on this for a while now.How far along are you?Is Andre receptive to releasing this as an upgrade?
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    Rod,that's really impressive.You've been working on this for a while now.How far along are you?Is Andre receptive to releasing this as an upgrade?
    Thanks all - Andre has only seen the screenshots so far and I don't know if, if and when it is finished, he would be happy to have it as an enhancement to the excellent A&O Sub. I have completed the ROW as far as Grandview (from Superior Sand & Gravel) and now, with the realisation that I can get in fields as well, I am going back over what has been done so far - proving to be surprisingly quick, given the level of detail.

There is a payware route out there with this level of detail - 3DTrains Western Pacific Feather River. That is what urged me on to go back over what I had done so far. They will have other similar quality routes coming out IDC.

There is also Wayne Campbell's L&PS which has got to be the original high detail route - and it is freeware - Wayne has wire strung on his poles - something I am never going to try on this...

Below is the Google Earth view of the area I have "replicated". As with model railroading, it has been necessary to compress and reduce the level of detail - after all, the GE image is 2008, but the A&O Sub is the 1980's, so things will have changed...

Moving on to Kings River area now.

Rod

Wow I am really impressed with what you have done, I can only imagine what you would do with a freeware route. =]

Rod,
    If I were a rich man, I would hire you out to make all of the routes l like to run look that magnificent! I don't know what to say other than wow. I could only dream of running Clinton, Conrail Indy, Illinois Northern, Monon, CGW etc., etc., etc., looking that real.
    Any rural, midwest route would be phenomonal with that kind of facelift.
    Hat's off to you, sir.

Neil

Wow! That looks really realistic.
    Just a question -- what does A&O mean and what Railroad is rolling on this line?
    Thanks
    Daniel
    Daniel Schmidt
    BCLW Repainter/Activity Creator
    http://www.bclw.ca