Thread: Time to clean house

Thumbs up Time to clean house

OK,

My MSTS trainset folder is needing a server farm by itself. I need to weed out some of the locos and wagons that I do not use alot, to make way for more units. I used conbuilder to eliminate the old units from consists. Is there anything else I need to do, besides deleting the loco/wagon folder from the trainset folder? I am 99% positive that nothing else is aliased to the units to be deleted. Is there a database issue to address?

Nope. Make sure you're not culling something from loose consists---buried in the activities---before you permanently delete it.

Instead of deleting, you might move them to a CDR just in case you ever need something again.

"I 'tawt I 'taw a Tessie tat!"

Conrail Tweety

In each of my trainset folders, I have a folder named 'Off'. I dump everything in there first. Then once a year or so ( I don't sim much anymore ), if I'm not having any problems, I'll empty out the Off folder.

If I need something back, I just move it out of the Off folder.

Ok, I emptied the Off folders just once, when I ran out of hard drive space. But there were alot of things that I'd been working on, repaints and whatever, which had made it in there and forgotten about. I was able to find them, after some searching, whenever I remembered them.

James

Train Store has a 'where used' option which will list each consist, service and/or activity, if any, where a stock item is used.
    Regards,

Eric