Thread: send/dont send on track

Exclamation send/dont send on track

Hi. Hope that one of you guys may help me with tis one!

I built a terminal station, and the main line at the exits the station in a two track tunnel with a switch point.
    What is happening is , when I leave from a certain track of the station, after passing the last switch and right before entereing the tunnel, the simulation crashes with the infamous send/ don/t send.

Now in the layout of the station I am mainly using lots of DT ( I am a DT lover ) and point 3 switches (including y).
    I have tried a number of things that did not solve the problem:
    1- there are no blue poles in the itinerary in question
    2- substituting dynamic track for a track shape in the itinerary
    3- testing with a non MSTS BIN compatible cab (just to be sure it was not a BIN bug or a cab bug)

Stranger yet: if I enter the station comming from the tunnel, ie, in the oposite direction, no error occurs. But if I reverse the engine and start going towards the tunel, then it crashes.
    I have been carefull to always put a track shape or DT betwwen ever switch point... including in the tunnel...
    I am at a loss here to resolve this...
    Any insights, anyone?

Is there anywhere along the train's path where a turnout ends to nowhere (no track added to either the deverging or straight path)? To help localize the issue, have you tried using a non-bin version of MSTS?
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ruifonseca View Post
    I am at a loss here to resolve this... Any insights, anyone?
    Without looking closely at that location in the RE it is difficult to diagnose what the problem could be.

Any change of you taking a close-up screenshot of it ?

O t t o

In addition to what Marc asks:

- Any orphan red poles at the end of track somewhere (might even be at a distance, e.g. at the far end of your route)?

- Any loops or circles in the track layout (can also be 'hidden' i.e. a loop formed over a longer stretch of the route) that are not yet signalled properly?

- Any signals that are not linked properly or that are faulty, which could be activated at the moment when you go towards that switch in question?

Hope that helps a bit... Cheers
    Last edited by Swissie; 08-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    Lukas a.k.a. Swissie

Smile

It was an orphan red pole.
    It was lost in another nearby station....

thank you all for all your insights and opinions.

Best regards!