Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narrow Gauge Rail Profiles

Hi Marc, whatnarrow guages are you working on? Just the 3 footers or are you gonna have the 3'6" and 2 footers too?
    Erik
    Central California Traction Conductor
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say why not a little bit of both..."

Hi Erik,

I haven't tackled 2' gauge just yet, but I can create the profiles fairly quickly. I have profiles made for most of the common standard and other narrow gauge sizes though, and unlike MSTS, I don't have to create a few hundred models of each type. RS allows me to create the basic profile, and then all that's needed is a set of textures, and a few tweaks to the Blueprints. I'm finishing up 87lbs and 133lbs standard gauge. Once I have these nailed down (switch stands and spikes), I'll finish-off the remainder of the profiles and textures. I may need to release the sets in several Track Rules, however, as some of the parameters between types don't translate too well.

I suppose all that's needed afterwards is a few souls to create some NG locomotives and rolling stock (attention Tim Muir and Captain Bazza!).
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Marc, you made 87 Pound rail? Alright now I can do Guilford.

Good deal - now it can be used on other routes besides the MEC!
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Marc, out of all people you should have known Guilford hasn't upgraded the rails since the days of MEC.

Today I will have to take a look in the stores for what there is for KRS stock. hmm.