Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverliner II PRR & RDG version UPDATE

Kurt,
    I see what your talking about..I really had to LOOK at the two variants to see the difference..
    Steve,
    32 bit and sorry Charlie to the rest
    Last edited by fishbowl_5227; 08-29-2008 at 12:32 PM.

I think I have a workaround for the problem I spoke of, what I'm calling "bleed through", so I might not have to choose between 32 & 16 bit. "van2001ko" helped me figure out a way to see the problem myself - that made it a lot easier to work on! Anyway, see these screenshots - the first shows an example of the problem that arose when running MSTS in 16 bit (I had to run in full screen mode to see it - I don't normally because I have a wide screen). The new window translucency shows through the car body when the camera backs away a bit. The second view, which I tried to set up from the identical position shows the fix - in fact, you get no bleed through of the windows no matter how far you back away. There was also a slight problem with the porthole windows in the cab that I fixed in a similar way.

Bleed through problem:

Car with Bleed through "fix":

Mind you, this problem wasn't visible at all in 32 bit mode. The fix maintains the texture improvements that I showed in the original posting in the thread, but I realize now that in 16 bit mode, you wouldn't see the difference.

Steve
    Last edited by mestevet; 08-28-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Email sent, Steve. Found a bug.

-Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by TrirailF40PHL View Post
    Email sent, Steve. Found a bug.
    -Kurt
    E-mail sent, Fixed bug, it was a Kurt only thing, missed sending him an update.

Steve

Default Upgraded Interior

With some help from Kurt for the luggage rack and inspiration from his great Comet IV interior, I'm making some upgrades to the Silverliner interior:

Like Kurt, I'm leaving out the seats for now to help things move a little quicker in TSM. Compare the original luggage rack on the right to Kurt's rack (modified to match the Silverliner II) on the left. I've also made new heater and ceiling light shapes, with upgraded textures for both. I have plans to upgrade the side wall and floor as well.

I'm not going to go as far as Kurt did, but I think I can make some worthwhile improvements over the next couple of days. I had to update the interior windows due to the exterior texture improvements anyway.

Steve

Default Silverliner Interior, now in HD!

Anyone want to see what a 112670 poly interior looks like in MSTS?

Steve

Hey Steve ,
    Overdosed on the ploy's huh.......lol! That interior looks fantastic but I am not surprised

Default PRR & RDG Silverliner IIs are Ready!

Here are some screenshots of the completed Pennsylvania Railroad and Reading Railroad Silverliner II cars. They feature a new exterior model, updated (or maybe back dated) cab view, revised sound package, upgraded physics, and, of course, the new "Mega-interior". There will be 19 individual car numbers including 13 PRR cars in two versions and 6 RDG cars. Each car has physics for front, middle, and rear positions (thanks to Joe Realmuto) to more realistically match the real world cars. The cars also come in forward and rear facing versions for flexibility in creating consists. To address issues that came up with the SEPTA cars, I have added an alternate set of sound files to give more options to those with sound setups differing greatly from mine.

And on addressing issues with the SEPTA cars, there are additional help files to aid in "operator training" - the cars retain their realistic, albeit unusual (for MSTS) controller and braking system.

A note on the Mega-interior, the biggest view tops out at about 121200 polys, frame rates seem to drop anywhere from 5-10 fps while in the view. I used the view in some pretty heavily populated tiles on busy routes with success. However, I have also included alternate files if anyone has trouble with the "high definition" view.

I expect the cars to be available within a few days.

Steve
    Last edited by mestevet; 10-03-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: fix a spelling error

Stunning.

Okay Steve,
    I see aluminum on the back of the seats and it looks as clear as day.The seats look fantastic That is a lot of polys man...wow! No need to come to Philly to take a ride when it is in your house on the PC..lol!

Shawn