Thread: circular cursor missing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default circular cursor missing

the circular bit that appears when the cursor is over a trak has dissapeared, and all other things hat go along with it (TRSZ, Loose consist placement, ect.) i use train store and this has happened only sice i used Train Store's transient activity feature. this is true for all routes, not just the ones i've run transient's on.

Lightbulb Reading the Train Store Manual gived the answer.

Paraphrased from the Train Store Manual:
    Before attempting any modifications to your MSTS installation, Activities or Route Editing unstore everything.

You try making mods with parts of your installation stored will obviously lead to trouble.
    Sometimes the trouble results in an unusable MSTS.

And BTW, the circular 'bit' as you call it is a cursor that appears in the Route Editor with the terrain mode selection (F9)
    Last edited by Vince; 09-16-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

well, this happens every time i go into the AE. i actually tried both stored and unstored. both gave me the same results. also, i as aware that the RE has a similar circle, but i am talking about the grey one in the aci vity editor. sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I have the same problem. It will show up when I'm creating a path, but nowhere else.

-DJ Flaherty

Default Which cursor? Ahhh okay!

Quote Originally Posted by REISCOOL View Post
    well, this happens every time i go into the AE. i actually tried both stored and unstored. both gave me the same results. also, i as aware that the RE has a similar circle, but i am talking about the grey one in the aci vity editor. sorry for the confusion.
    You have possible registry corruption.

First, obey the TrainStore instructions please! Don't mess with the AE or the RE when you have routes stored....ever!
    If you insist in doing so no amount of help will get you out of that hole.

I dont remember but I think there is a regfix or some similar program in the File Library. Run some searches, I'm sure you'll find it.

By ignoring the TrainStore instructions you may well have trashed your MSTS installation, there is really no way to tell what happens when guidelines are not followed so all I can do is wish you 'Good Luck'.

Sorry, but it's impossible to diagnose the results of what you did and I can't provide recommendations on what you should do at this point.

You must remember that the MSTS Editors are a VERY powerful 3D modeling program with VERY LIMITED error handling capability.

Restore your installation with your backups is your best bet.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"