Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Subway not playable

Default World of Subway not playable

Ok, the start of the game shows the outside view as well as inside the cab, well, just partially; so I can see NY and I can also still see the cab, though only faintly, but nothing else.. I can hear the activities of the crowd and or passengers but see nothing. It's almost like the driver is having an out of body experience. It's like there pieces of the puzzle but not in the right place. There is no view of the underground or stations. I see one light/schedule board where I believe is the time/schedule board of some sort. I downloaded this last night and installed it this morning. I do not understand.
    Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
    System Model: HP Pavilion HDX9000 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT 254MB
    Last edited by Charles King; 09-26-2008 at 10:24 AM.

This is from the Aerosoft site;

Minimum:
    Processor: Pentium IV 3,0 Ghz
    Microsoft Windwos XP/Vista
    Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB
    RAM Memory: 2 GB
    Graphics card: 128 MB NVidia GeForce 66xx or similar ATI

Recommended for a very good framerate in the HIGH version:
    Dual Core or similar AMD Processor
    Microsoft Windwos XP/Vista
    Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB
    RAM Memory: 2 GB
    Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 8600 or similar ATI

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Charles King View Post
    I can hear the activities of the crowd and or passengers but see nothing.
    Charles King,

I’m thinking that there might be some issues with World of Subway’s and ATI video cards/drivers.

I have an ATI 4870X2 in one of my machines and when I try to use the in game AA setting in the World of Subway’s graphic’s options I get nothing but a blank screen with just sound when the activity loads. This is on a fresh OS install with the latest Catalyst 8.9 drivers with the latest DirectX (Aug. 08) installed.

Turning the “in game” AA off fixes the issue but when I try to force AA with the video card control panel it doesn’t work.

My other machine that uses an Nvidia GTX 280 has none of these problems and is set up identically to the ATI based machine.

Both installs of World of Subway’s have the patch applied by the way.

Unhappy

So Larry my computer is worthless, in other words? So I guess I have to buy a new computer, even though I just bought this one. It'äs a shame though. Now I'm pissed. Thanks anyhow.

Well djt1, I have all the latest drivers and even turned off the AA in the game setting but it is still the same. Oh well...Now I have a sim that I cannot use...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles King View Post
    Well djt1, I have all the latest drivers and even turned off the AA in the game setting but it is still the same. Oh well...Now I have a sim that I cannot use...

There’s always hope that we will see another patch soon. Even though I’ve got it running on my Nvidia setup I still think it was released before it was fully optimized. Even with the graphic options at the highest settings, the draw distance/LOD really needs some work.

I just hope that they did not figure half way into the development of this game that the engine it’s based on wasn’t really cut out for an “above ground” simulation. Down in the tunnels it’s a different story, the lighting and shadows are incredible.

Charles,
    ]
    Have you tried installing the Low Version?

I have an ATI card 9800XT & when I installed the Catalyst 8.9 drivers all my problems went away.

BTW: I am running the High version on a Windoes XP with Service pack 3.
    Mike

This smile says it all

ll give it a try, but that means I will have to uninstall it. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Charles,
    ]
    Have you tried installing the Low Version?

I have an ATI card 9800XT & when I installed the Catalyst 8.9 drivers all my problems went away.

BTW: I am running the High version on a Windoes XP with Service pack 3.

Tried it and it still does not work.

World of Subways will not load on my laptop either, only running it on my desktop computer with:

Pentium 4 3.0HT
    2gb Ram
    Pny 7600GS 512MB Video

The game runs very well on this desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by pwelt View Post
    World of Subways will not load on my laptop either, only running it on my desktop computer with:

Pentium 4 3.0HT
    2gb Ram
    Pny 7600GS 512MB Video

The game runs very well on this desktop.

I guess I have to buy a desktop now...