Thread: World Of Subways? Amtrak?

Question World Of Subways? Amtrak?

In the somewhat start of this video you can see what appears to be a cut of Amtrak Superliners behind a fence while exiting the subway car.
    I am just seeing things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-tw...eature=related

GBSD70ACe

Sure do look like Superliners.

Whoever made them included too many windows downstairs. No prototype looks like that.
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

That, and I've heard that Superliners are not allowed east of Chicago, so including them in New Jersey is wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by R36 9346 View Post
    That, and I've heard that Superliners are not allowed east of Chicago, so including them in New Jersey is wrong on so many levels.
    See them in DC all the time....

Only restriction I'm aware of is through some tunnels (Baltimore and Penn Sta.) and certain areas of lower wire on the NEC...
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works

superliners are allowed anywhere south of d.c. also amtrak's auto train is an example

As well as the Chicago to DC Capitol Limited.
    F. Strong-Baker

I believe those Amtrak wagons are there in some form of stabling yards....they are static and cant be driven.

The yard is Hudson yard (Amtrak-PRR) and is a storage facility the PRR used for things in and out of Meadows yard and Amtrak uses now for MofW equipment and NJ Transit cars/engines to go the the MMC shops on the site of the former Meadows Yard.

Those are Superliners in the yard, however it is totally bogus incorrect....Superliners would never fit under the catenary north of New York Avenue in Washington Terminal, so there is no way, even by another routing they could ever get to Hudson Yard, the catenary is too low for them on the rest of the Corridor
    Doug