Thread: Odd Problem with ShapeViewer

Default Odd Problem with ShapeViewer

When I run ShapeViewer for the first time after starting (or restarting) my computer it works fine. If I restart ShapeViewer after having used it earlier (without the computer being rebooted) everytime I try and svae a screenshot, I get the last image from the previous time I used ShapeViewer. The only known change I made was to install ConBuilder 3.2 and set ShapeViewer as the 3d program. ShapeViewer is acting like it is not clearing the protion of memort ir uses to store a shape image before it writes it. Anyone else ever seen this issue?

If Shape Viewer worked normally before you installed Conbuilder then the problem is probably lies with Conbuilder. Try uninstalling Conbuilder and see it that fixes the problem.
    Regards,

Eric

When you first installed Shape File Viewer you specified the default or other location for screenshots. When you installed ConBuilder you had to direct ALL SFV screenshots to the CB folder. So take a look in Programs\ConBuilder\Pics , probably in there.

John

At least you got Conbulder 3.22. I am with the 1.5 version

But yeah reinstall the Shapeviewr and assign it to a diff directory this time. it should work if it was messed with Conbuider before.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    If Shape Viewer worked normally before you installed Conbuilder then the problem is probably lies with Conbuilder. Try uninstalling Conbuilder and see it that fixes the problem.
    NO! Wrong!
    Charles

ConBuilder does absolutely nothing to Shape Viewer, it only asks You where it is, and uses it.

Hello Frank,
    I use both Conbuilder and Route-Riter and neither has caused any problems with Shape Viewer. My first thought would be to run a utility to check your registry like ccleaner or RegistryBooster2. Also if you've been installing and deleting software, you may want to run Scandisk on the hard drive to ensure everything is in proper working order. If that still does not correct the problem, try re-installing the latest version of Shape Viewer.

Rich S.