Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get the SLI Scenic Sub?

Default Should I get the SLI Scenic Sub?

Hey everyone,
    I am seriously thinking about buying the SLI Scenic Subdivision route. I just want to know, is it worth it? From the sreenshots Ive seen of it it looks really good, and it looks like the rolling stock is some quality work. Also, how many grade crossings are in this route? Because I seriously love to blow my train horn! And another thing, is there amtrak running on this route? How about Sounder Transit? Can you run that on any portion of this route? What Im basicly asking is this a real good route? Was it worth every penny of $27?

Thanks,
    willyvee

I would say yes its a great route with some good looking locos and cars. I have it and I like to run on it. so yes I would buy it you will get your money,s worth. it,s well worth the money.

It's one of my favorites.

CB

I just broke down and got it the other day, and it has a lot of goodies as far as trains go, the scenery is nice, and the terrtex files are nice.
    I don't do mountain running very often, so I payed more for the engines/wags, and I am updating a lot of my routes with these terrtex files - and they look great! (thanks for the tip snootnose )
    But I do recommend the route. Another nice thing is there are repaints galore to use here in the files library, and at tracksideproductions.com.

Enjoy!

Neil

Very well done route, but I'm about all "Mountained-out."

Screens anyone ?

Screenshot forum has a bunch.

the route is worth every penny, and then some. The scenery is awesome, the rolling stock is phenomenal, activities are very decent, although they could use some more AI traffic. I've done some minimal upgrading to the route, mostly in the form of vegetation, and reworking some activities so there is more AI traffic... It's my all time favorite route.
    Thom
    <b><font size=1><font color=Navy><a href=http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/CRQ5508/Random%20Stuff/CRQ5508.jpg target=_blank>http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...ff/CRQ5508.jpg</a></font></font></b>
    Norfolk Southern: It looks like Darth Vader on rails to me.

I have this same question, and i've seen it asked before, but the Amtrak part always never gets answered.

Can you run the Empire Builder?
    Are there passenger speed limits or only freight?
    From what city to what city does it run?
    "Our country is like a never dying human body, with veins being the rails and blood being the trains to keep it alive"
    -Robert R.

The Empire Builder gets split at Spokane with one engine and some cars going to Seattle on the Pass IIRC. The other locomotive and rest of the cars go to Portland Or thru Pasco and down the Columbia Gorge.
    Bill
    Rule of The Day: 147.7.16.B
    When all previously LISTED Trainhandling braking methods fail to produce desired results......JUMP!!!! Either way it's gonna hurt.