Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: SEPTA Silverliner III

After reading this, I went back and looked through the images I've collected, and I guess I was wrong (maybe I mis-identified a cab car photo as an AIII), but I do see the same controller in the AIII cab photo I have.

I don't know enough about the EPIC brake stand or it's installation on 234 to model that with any accuracy. Looking back through my photos, it doesn't seem that 234 is one of the cars where I was granted access to the cab (223, 227, 235, and 236 are the Silverliner III cars from which I have multiple photos).

It's funny how we always end up getting into a discussion about Arrows when I post something new about one of my Silverliner projects...

Steve (in water logged Chadds Ford, PA)

Looks like a Silverliner II if I didn't know better! Lookin' GOOOD!
    By the way, are you releasing Arrows for MSTS? I think there were some unreleased version as early as 2006 or 2007
    Last edited by MP36PH3S; 10-02-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Know better - it's a Silverliner III - a St. Louis Car Company built car, built in 1967. The Silverliner II's (which I released in 2008) were produced by Budd in 1963. The cars are different, and different from the Silverliner IVs and the various Arrows.

I have no plans to release any Arrows. Yes there were some Arrow IIIs based on the NALW MBTA commuter cars (like the Silverliner IV that is available in the file library here) that were being passed around a while back that were not authorized by NALW. As I've stated recently in other threads, I will not support work that is of a questionable origin (i.e. not authorized by the holder of the copyright) and many of us reputable modelers stay away from NJT equipment because of the frequent abuse and piracy that has surrounded just about every release of anything related to NJT equipment, the blitz by Kurt Kaminer (KLW) on the Comet cars being a notable exception.

Anyone interested in doing an Arrow I, Arrow II, or Arrow III car is welcome to produce their own model.

Steve

As Promised
    It's much darker than I realised.
    Hope it helps.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...p/101_8084.jpg

Ugh... you are off to a very bad start here, kid. I highly doubt Steve wants to be your "buddy" at this point, and for that matter I can guarantee you he will never send anything to you under the current circumstances. And the last thing any of the rest of us want is to have to read your "hate quotes" directed at him, so if you have a beef with him, please be respectful of the rest of us and handle it privately. Please read my post to the "Comet V cab car or Arrow III?" thread. Its not intended as a slam at you, but more as a bit of guidance or advice, if you will. I'd be very interested to hear your response.
    Last edited by bessemer; 11-04-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Jon Clark - Butler, Pa

So is there any progress that has been made simce the last year and a half?

I hope so. NALW was a great developer. However, may I suggest starting a new thread for your thoughts?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...of-Old-Threads
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582