Thread: KRS and MSTS Problems

Default KRS and MSTS Problems

I brokd down and finally installed my copy of KRS on my comp. I also installed the KRS drivers for the RD and all seemed to work fine. I then went back to run some MSTS with the RD and now things aren't doing so well. The bottom blue button commands have changed and one of them caused both the sim and my computer to crash. Can the RD be made to live with both sims and if so how?
    Bill
    Rule of The Day: 147.7.16.B
    When all previously LISTED Trainhandling braking methods fail to produce desired results......JUMP!!!! Either way it's gonna hurt.

Hi Bill,

Did you remember to kill the RDMWII process you had to start before running KRS? I don't believe RD will work properly if you have the drivers for both KRS and MSTS loaded and running at the same time. It's easy to stop RDMgr since it leaves a window on the task bar, but not as easy to stop RDMWII which doesn't.

For those that want or need to know, you have to start the task explorer (ctl-alt-del), look down the list for the program RDMWII, right click on it and choose 'Kill process'.
    Dave

Thank you Dave. The RDMW2 does not have a taskbar window and I thought it automatically quit when I closed RS. This morning when I fired up the computer, I was able to run MSTS with the RD and it worked fine.
    Bill
    Rule of The Day: 147.7.16.B
    When all previously LISTED Trainhandling braking methods fail to produce desired results......JUMP!!!! Either way it's gonna hurt.