Thread: signals

Default signals

Just a quick question I know they simulate the train signals in wos but do they simulate Ai traffic Like will i sometimes have to wait at a red signal to wait for another train to clear the track or do they just change for the player train. thanks

Yes, AI Traffic is there in WOS and it's dynamic, not static, meaning that the AI trains actually move (unlike BVE). I don't think they have as many trains as in the real world, but over all I find it adds a lot to the sim. Sometimes, you'll see an AI train pulling into a station while your waiting to depart. It's a pretty neat effect.

Thanks. Yeah Ive been playing and think the signaling is pretty good. Just wish the train ohysics were a liitle more realistic but i can live with it. Quick Question though since i'm not that familiar with subway options is it common for the signal at the end of the station to be red as you pull into the station usually i have to wait for it to turn green before i can depart is this how it is in the real world as it seems that i usually have to wait longer at the station the most the subways i have ridden in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese23 View Post
    Quick Question though since i'm not that familiar with subway options is it common for the signal at the end of the station to be red as you pull into the station usually i have to wait for it to turn green before i can depart is this how it is in the real world as it seems that i usually have to wait longer at the station the most the subways i have ridden in the real world.
    This is similar to the real world from what I can tell. The light may be red for a variety of reasons. In rush hour there could be another train in the next block. During non-rush, the light could be red because the dispatcher wants you to wait at the station for some reason such as a timing point.

If you are just starting a session the light in front of you will be red until approximately 30 seconds before you are scheduled to depart. This is similar to the real world where the dispatcher has to align a path for you.

Hope this helps.

Gary Cameron
    Stony Plain, AB
    Canada