Thread: Unexpected Uncoupling Useing RD

Default Unexpected Uncoupling Useing RD

I've just finished a short discussion at the MSTS BIN page about swinging the forward and rear cameras around and over the train, causing unexpected uncoupling somewhere in the train. Three of the four guys that responded reported the same problem while panning the cameras around and over the train, and doesn't matter if the train is moving or not, and all useing RailDriver.
    So just checking in here to see if Rail Driver has a fix for this problem.

George

Default Uncoupling

Hi George,

To my knowledge, we have never seen this issue in MSTS.

In MSTS all the RailDriver is doing is sending keystrokes to the game, so it should be no different than if you were swinging the cameras around with your keyboard.

If you are using just the keyboard, does it cause the same effect?
    Dan from RailDriver and P.I. Engineering

Default Uncoupling

Well Dan, I would think that more than one case of unexpected uncoupling when swinging cameras 1 or 2 around and over the train being the circumstance that breaks the coupler somewhrere in the train usually, but not always, would raise some concern. I think most people who drive MSTS trains with RailDriver mostly drive in activities, and don't and wouln't notice. I on the other hand being a narrow gauge Steam nut, try to recreate traffic patterns and logistics, switching cars in and out of the train along the way. And I utilize cameras 1 and 2 a lot panning around and over the train, counting cars with Train Ops on screen. And sometimes that is the time I hear the MSTS uncoupling noise, and sure enough have lost half my train. I don't think its related to Train Ops where normal uncoupling takes place, because I don't leave train ops on unless I'm switching cars in and out. And as someone who responded to one of my posts said he did not notice the false uncoupling running from the keyboard. In the two years I experienced this Iv'e seen no notice about the problem on any of the forums, Until I brought it up.
    I'd be happy to perform any other experiments you may want me to try. Thanks for responding Dan.

George

Hi George,

I have had the same problem that you are describing. It only occurs when I use RailDriver, which is one reason I don't use it much. I have never had this problem using the keyboard.

Gary

I have been using RD for several years now, and have never experienced this. So just gave it a shot on Raton3 route with a 112 car coal drag. Nothing came apart after about 15 minutes of trying.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Hey bandor2000, Can you tell me exactly what your test consisted of ? Were you useing Rail Driver? Did you Swing your front and rear cameras at low altitude around the train? Did you try it with Train Ops on? Rail Driver Dan has stopped communicating, so I guess it's up to me to gather some more facts. This random uncoupling happens to a majority of people who've responded to this thread. Thanks for responding.
    George

Default Uncoupling

Sorry, I don't check the forum every day. I'm lucky if I get the chance to check in once a week.

If you will contact our tech support department ([email protected]) and list the specifics, scenario, consist, your OS, and any other specs you think may be pertinent, we will try to recreate the issue here.

It's pretty hard to fix anything if we can't reproduce the bug, and even if we can reproduce it, I can't promise we can fix it.

Please keep in mind we are talking about a piece of software the publisher stopped supporting three operating systems ago. There are many issues with MSTS that are completely beyond our control.

It never ceases to amaze me, just how passionate you guys are about the RailDriver. Thanks for supporting our product.
    Dan from RailDriver and P.I. Engineering

GEODE:

Tried repeatedly on several routes, both in activities and explore mode, every friggin way i could think of, and no uncoupling. I run Train-Store, the latest BIN, my PC isn't the latest and greatest, and I do, of course, use RailDriver (wouldn't leave the terminal without it). Don't know how else to try it.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Default Unexpected Uncoupling

Hey Glen, did you try panning the front and rear cameras around and over the the train, either traveling along or standing still? I know. I've tried a few tests lately that didn't result in an unexpectd uncoupling, either from the keyboard or Rail Driver. I'm trying to gather some statistics to gain some interest from Rail Driver Dan that this is a problem with Rail Driver. So if you see unexpected uncoupling, please post up here. Thanks,

George

Thanks for trying Glenn, and thanks for responding. Raildriver is the only way that I've ever run trains in the two years I've been simming and I wouldn't leave town without it either. So many of my buddies say they just can't run steam from a diseasel oriented platform, that they just can't see the advantages it affords, such as those 28 key shortcuts, and the camera rockers, oh well their loss, eh. I think the problem is random and only rears it's ugly head when murphy says so. I'm presently in touch with RD tech to see if they can figure it out.

George