Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is this possible?

Default How is this possible?

Good day all. I have downloaded some acts from Scott Clawson and cars on some sidings are crossways on the tracks. In one of his acts I ran into them and crashed. I looked at them in in the editor and their on the tracks where they are supposed to be. How can I correct this. Thanks for any help.Greg.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America.

Greg,

Make you have installed the "fix" for the car strings.

It is........ carstrfx.zip

That will fix the wayward cars..

My best,
    "Cats"
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Trains....The ONLY way to travel!

Thank you for the reply. I have used them on most other routes that they call for without problems so I could not figure out what saw going on. I will apply the fix. I have one more question for you. I have Birmingham and Buffalo and the acts that you made will not load . Any ideas as to might be the problem. All stock is loaded and RR and conbuilder shows no errors. Thanks again.Greg

Greg,

The fix is only for the grain hoppers. The rest of the car strings always worked fine.

I'm sorry to say I'm not sure why they won't load. Could you provide a bit more info.

Did they install?

Are you using the Route Riter files or are you using the APK file to try and install?

What does it do? What doesn't it do? Let me know, there are a lot of great people out here that will have the answer if I don't. My best,
    "Cats"
    Indianapolis, Indiana

He said he "ran into them".....That makes me think he was trying to pass them on a siding and hit them. Are the bounding boxes correct?

Bryce

Good morning all. Well the carstrings fix fixed the cars back on the tracks.

Now the problem with the acts for Birmingham. No errors in RR or Conbuilder.
    But when I ran it through the Activity editor I get these.

Service NS222 Player, Path "NS222 Player" setup after load failed.

Service NS222 AI3 path, "NS222 AI3", setup after load failed

Service NS222 AI4 path, "NS222 AI4", setup after load failed.

The APK file will not run either. I usually use the route riter files to install the Acts. All of your other acts work OK. It appears to be these two routes for some reason. Thanks.Greg

Greg,

Have you "tweaked" those two routes at all?
    "Cats"
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Good morning all. Well the carstrings fix fixed the cars back on the tracks.

Now the problem with the acts for Birmingham. No errors in RR or Conbuilder.
    But when I ran it through the Activity editor I get these.

Service NS222 Player, Path "NS222 Player" setup after load failed.

Service NS222 AI3 path, "NS222 AI3", setup after load failed

Service NS222 AI4 path, "NS222 AI4", setup after load failed.

The APK file will not run either. I usually use the route riter files to install the Acts. All of your other acts work OK. It appears to be these two routes for some reason. Thanks.Greg
    Greg:

You might have a corrupted file. There is no AI4 path for Birmingham. You might want to delete any of the NS222 files and reload the act package from Train Sim and give it another try.
    "Cats"
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Hi Scott. I downloaded the NS 222 zip three to four times and I still get the same files. There is still a AI4 service file in the service folder. I tried deleting that one but still crashed. The act starts to load then crashes to the desk top. The AKP file will open for 2 clicks then disappears. This route does not bother any thing else as I have all mini routes.I've had train sim for about seven years and spend most of my time on it,so i am able to fix most things and that is why I am not on the forms very much. I haven't tried NS Atlanta. Thanks. Greg.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

Ah, miniroutes. Make absolutely sure that you're installing the activity to the TS install "pointed" to by your registry entries. If you try to install to one of your extra miniroutes, the activity installer will install some files to that one and some to your "original" install.

Robert