Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US2Firs2.ace

Default US2Firs2.ace

Is there a better version of it somewhere in the File Library ?

Mike Sinclair's range does not seem to include it ?

O t t o

I looked a while back as well, and did not come up with anything. So I substituted it with some other group of trees on a few routes instead.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Is there a better version of it somewhere in the File Library ?
    Judd Spittler did this, but no snow. Pierre put up a version on the-train.de with seasonal textures. US2Firs2 along with everything else. These look pretty good...

I think it's "js_realpines.zip".
    "MSTS Marias Pass Pine Tree Replacements
    The “Real Pines” package provides a
    realistic replacement for the conifer
    textures used in the Marias Pass route. It
    updates textures for many different tree
    objects, including “tree groups”. The files
    are the same size as the originals, so no
    frame rate issues are anticipated. By Judd
    Spittler, Spittler Engineering.

Snowy textures by 'OldieDaddy', with permission"

regards,
    charlie

Hi Otto,

I assume this is a temporary lapse of memory on your part.

In my Marias Pass tree upgrades there are references to US2Firs1,2,3, but they each exist in the two shape files (s/sd which, in turn, reference an Ace file when the Shape File Manager's Edit Shape File Editor is uncompressed and opened . All the US2Fir/s1/2/3 reference my MSAce files, so the simpe solution is to rename my MSAceFile (any of my MStrees in fact!) to that of US2Firs2.Ace, but making sure the Sfile references the renamed file ( US2Firs2Ace. And, of course, distinguishing beteewn trees and treelines--though they are interchangeable and will work.

Mike
    Last edited by sinclair97; 12-17-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Sinclair97

Hi Mike !

Have downloaded your latest 3 MP trees updates and could not find any references to US2Firs1.s, US2Firs2.s nor their ACE files.

Below are the shapes I am looking for improved versions of for Summer and Winter.

What is required are improved ACE files for them, in size matching the default ones so that after replacing them display the same dimensions of the default tree lines, Firs1: 49x33x31 and Firs2: 181x33x172.

Take care, O t t o.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Judd Spittler did this, but no snow. Pierre put up a version on the-train.de with seasonal textures. US2Firs2 along with everything else.
    Thanks, Charlie, but there is no sign of them on the zugsimulator web site.

There are only 5 downloads from Judd and can't find any trees from Pierre.

O t t o

Hi Otto,

Okay all the shape files are present and correct, what I did is I used the standard crossfir block shapefiles for all three US2Firs1/2/3 shown in your first picture, rather than the extended one (shown in the second picture).

The reason for this is that my fine resolution treelines gets diluted X 3; however, I have done just as you wanted (see pics below) and I'll send you the zip asap.

Mike

Sinclair97

Brilliant, Mike, considering that you are under the weather. But even that can not suppress your talent !

This route is full of these US2Firs2 tree lines and replacing them will do it a world of good !

Thanks a lot. So what can I give you for Christmas ?

I found a decent replacement for the US2Firs1.ace in the Whitefish4-Hawk route.

Take care, my friend !

O t t o

Having received Mike's modified files, I then tweaked them a little, sorry Mike , adjusting their Gamma settings to make them look a little greener and am now pleased with their appearance and hope that so will be users of the GOLD-SPIKE-X after it has been released !

Take care, O t t o.

I have to say Otto, you did a nice job on the color. Looks like three of the trees on my home property.

Neil