Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 5 Mission Expansion Pack Is Here

Default The 5 Mission Expansion Pack Is Here

Only $15.19 USD.

Last edited by mrmike; 12-25-2008 at 10:40 AM.
    Mike

This smile says it all

I can't seem to locate the expansion pack, can you post a link?

Larry

Hi Larry,

Here is the link. It is available in download only.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us...360,5068741780

Mike

This smile says it all

Default Expansion pack shows up only in German

I just downloaded the add-on. It allows me to select English in the installer but once I enter the simulator all I get is German. I have checked the Aerosoft support forums and they are aware of the problem. No fix just yet. Not sure if this is happening to everyone or just some people.

Has anyone been successful with getting English to display after this add-on has been installed?

Gary,

Go to either the Aerosoft or TML forum & you will see the solution I posted.

EDIT: Re: WoS1: Expansion Pack
    This is a fix for the install of the expansion Pack reverting to German.

First go to your Control Panel & un-install the Expansion Pack. Then un-install the WOS Vol 1 Version 1.20.

Then go to Program Files in My Computer & delete the TML Folder.

Then re-install Version 1.20, I used a fresh download that contained Version 1.20 with all the updates built in.
    Then install the Expansion Pack.

When these steps have been completed, Launch Wos & you will see everything is in English.

Happy holidays to all.

If you purchased the box version from Aerosoft, go to their website & go to your Account page & see if they possibly provided a link for download also. Please note; this must be from your Account page & not from the update page.
    If so, then download the full version which will be V 1.20.
    I believe that one of the updates from V1.1 deposited a German dll file which the Expansion Pack is reading.
    Last edited by mrmike; 12-26-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Update fix text.
    Mike

This smile says it all

Hi, Mike

It's unfortunate that TML is going to make things that should have been part of the original package "for pay" items.

I would hope they would at least put that revenue into creating an editor for the sim, but I don't see any inkling that's going to happen soon....or ever. Bad news for those of us immersed in the MSTS culture. Am I also reading that MSTS2/X might come out "editorless"?

As you would expect that I would, I've spotted signaling errors in quite a few locations. Interlocking indications are not correct. Signals that indicate "speed control" are basically a RT version of railroad Restricting. There is no scenario in the sim that requires that indication. It would be used to enter occupied track or a yard. It is also PATH's version of a call-on indication.

This all brought me to look at the sim's documentation on signaling. When I saw it, I said...gee, this looks familiar. So, I went and looked at the link below:

http://world.nycsubway.org/us/path/path-signals.html

I was struck by the amazing similarity, especially the graphics. You may recognize the person given credit for the page as yours truly. Having brought this to their attention, I was summarily told it was a "remarkable coincidence."

Anyone in the market for a bridge in Brooklyn??

Regards,
    Hank
    Last edited by Signalmaster; 12-26-2008 at 11:31 AM.

I am dissapointed in the lack of AI trains, does the expansion pack add any?

It seems that some of the A-I were removed in earlier versions because of most systems not being able to handle all those polys without crashing.
    Mike

This smile says it all

Has anyone else noticed that the schedules also have been effected meaning trips have dissapeared, especially during off-peak times.

Joseph,

Yes, I have noticed. It was in the interest of making the sim more compatible with varied systems.

If this disturbs you, you can always re-install an earlier version.
    Mike

This smile says it all