Thread: Can MSTS run on a Mac?

Default Can MSTS run on a Mac?

Is it possible to run MSTS and Rail Simulator on a Mac?

Only if you have a Dual Boot or the other program.. Its name defeats me at the moment. But even with those I've heard of many complications on running MSTS with it.

MSTS works very well in a Windows partition with Boot Camp. I have installed both the basic program and several add ons (notably Berlin Subway and Linie 51, which use their own graphic engines) without a problem.

I cannot say how Parallels will work as early disappointments with version 3.0 (and Microsoft's habit of making people jump through hoops to re-authorize) soured me to that program. However a new version of Parallels is out and might work better.

My hope is that eventually someone will release a Mac train sim program. If there can be an open source alternate to Flight Simulator (X-Plane), there might eventually be something for us Mac users.

Good luck.

Hi,
    I'm running MSTS on a Macbook Pro with 2GB of RAM on VMWare Fusion 2. I have to say it runs very smooth and the only problem I have is the throttle on SD40 doesn't appear in cab mode. But I think I have something set up wrong. Other than that no problems.

I have a MacBook pro with widescreen and the only thing I have to do is to set it to window mode because MSTS doesn't support widescreen.
    Charles H
    Maine Railroads Group
    New England Shops
    Vice President