Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing scenario.bin files

Default Missing scenario.bin files

Hi,

Just purchased and loaded the US version RS. Three of the nine US route scenario.bin files are missing. The first time startup showed only the Free Roam scenario with no locos or rolling stock when loaded.

The European routes work as expected.

What is the remedy for the missing files ? Should RS be uninstalled and reloaded ? Once fixed, should RS be backed up before first startup of the program ?

Did not find any initial startup missing bin file discussions here, RS FAQ's or their Forums.

Thanks,

Mike

Hiya,

can you detail what you mean by missing? what is indicating that such files are missing?

Have you installed the the latest Upgrades Mk1 and Mk2?
    My comments do not represent RailSimulator.com If you wish to contact them >> [email protected]

Default Missing Scenario.bin files

RS Adam,

Three of the Content/Routes/ "US-route" /scenarios folders are empty. The other six contain scenario.bin files. Mk1 & Mk2 upgrades were installed prior to initial startup of RS.

Mike
    Last edited by Wellsburg; 02-05-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Hi Mike,

I can confirm that there were several sub-folders in the Barstow...../Scenarios folder such as Routes\76b3a3f0-c9b0-48f2-9eff-1af9b00166d6\Scenarios\6c228943-7203-47ef-832c-d982aff718cb which were empty as installed from the DVD.

I assume these were scenarios they were testing and which never got implemented and which they never got around to cleanly deleting.

RS_Kickstart has an option for removing 'empty' scenarios

Mike

Hiya,

Ive have test installed both the US Rail Simulator and the Cajon Pass addon and neither feature a scenario folder by the title above. I also do not have any folders without the scenario.bin files present.

Can you confirm what is flagging missing files?

I would be reluctant to start deleting anything 'considered' as empty before we know why it is being flagged as a supposed problem.
    My comments do not represent RailSimulator.com If you wish to contact them >> [email protected]

RSadam,

RS_Kickstart reports the missing scenario.bin files.

When RS_Kickstart is opened and "Barstow to San Bernardino" is clicked on, message is: "No scenarios were found in this route" and RS_Kickstart shuts down.
    RS_Kickstart works with all other routes. Consists were modified, routes were started.

If the RS folders are viewed in Windows, there are three of nine scenario folders that have no contents. The folders are empty. Does the B/SB route really have nine scenarios or six ?
    Empty folders are:

6c228943-7203-47ef-832c-d982aff718cb
    86af8d30-8c73-4efe-a5ef-9f76d112bd17
    e1313b3b-d6d3-42f5-8a44-89eecfa27a87

The end result is that my B/SB route only has Free Roam as an option. It opens to inside a station building. When the view is moved outside with arrow keys, there are tracks and scenery but no locomotives or rolling stock.
    This occurred the first time RS was opened with Mk1 & Mk2 updates in place. RS_Kickstart was added later.

The European routes open and work either with Free Roam or scenarios. Add-on routes from UK-TrainSim were loaded and work as advertised.

So, I ask again, should RS be removed from the hard drive and then reinstalled. Or is the DVD faulty, since apparently no one else has run into this. DVD was a new sealed copy from Amazon.com.

Mike Gray

Hi Mike !

Before you do anything drastic, try this B-SB Scenarios.bin ZIP: http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/rs-down...narios-bin.zip

I am sure that you know what to do with it after having unzipped it.

The B-SB scenarios folders contain only a scenario.bin and nothing else. However there are some redundant ones which do nothing and can be identified by checking what the B-SB Scenarios.bin says there should be !

O t t o

Hi Otto,

Loaded your scenario.bin into the empty folders. No change from the above description.
    RS_Kickstart says no scenarios for B-SB. B-SB opens only in Free Roam & no trains.

Mike

Hiya,

I would suggest at this point that you try a re-install. The symtoms you describe simply shouldnt have occurred. Sadly I have no explaination why they have for you.

Hopefully it will all be sorted soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellsburg View Post
    Loaded your scenario.bin into the empty folders. No change from the above description.
    The file I have supplied is the B-SB SCENARIOS.BIN, observe the spelling, which belongs in the B-SB 76b3a3f0-c9b0-48f2-9eff-1af9b00166d6 folder.

O t t o