Thread: Just got the game/sim

NW611 Guest

Default Just got the game/sim

I think its great. I do get thefeelingof driving. That being said it is aboutas fun as driving a real subway train. After about 5 minutes I feelalone and the worldis static and lifeless, meaning nolong term playablility for me at least butfun when I really bored. I have ti say the game is what I expected and no spedo mean I have to popup ugly boxes to see my speed ect. Id only suggest this to subway lovers or for someone who just wants another rail game like myself I would say variety but its more of the same.

I guess I won't be purchasing this simulation. I was going to get it but you make it seem like death.

Glenn,

Dont't let that stop you from buying World of Subways Volumes 1 or 2.

What one person says is subjective.

I have both volumes, & am satisfied with both. I find it is worth the money I spent.
    Mike

This smile says it all

Hi Guys,

I too have just purchased WOS1.2.

I think it is one the better train sims I have played.

Although it has its faults, (ie no speedo, lack of documentation etc) I think all round it is a good quality product.

Lack of a speedometer is not a fault, it is reality.
    Mike

This smile says it all

My question is, can it be tweaked like MSTS can? i.e. reskin stuff, add yer own stuff, and do all manner of route bashing.

Patrick,

There is no provision for doing what you suggest. Unless you are equipped to work in the digital domain,

Any good programmer can "tweak" if you figure out the source code. This, of course, for your own use only.

It would be the same as trying to tweak an action game to suite your needs.

The developers have made it so to protect their right to be the sole provider of add-ons, until they decide to license same.

In WOS Volume 2 Berlin Subway, they have issued alternative rolling stock to resolve an issue with ATI cards.

So it can be done, you just have to know how.

I have a ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB & do not have trouble with using either set of rolling stock. I consider myself fortunate to have a computer that is 4 years old that, with foresight, I equipped well enough to handle future needs.

Dell Extreme Edition Gen 2 P-4 3.20GHZ.
    Windows XP Home Edition w/SP 3
    4GB of Ram.
    2-SATA 500GB internal Drives. Not in RAID(C,G)
    1-External Maxtor Plus 4. 1TB drive (F)

This old computer works extremely well with WOS & MSTS.

BTW; I can use MSTS from any one of the 3 drives using Joe Smiths MSTS Manager program (Pay Ware). See ConBuilder website.
    Mike

This smile says it all

Bit misleading.. the devs did it this way because the engine they used is an off the shelf 3d graphics engine package for 3d games that was never intended to be used as any thing resembling a sim..

hence the fact its got no future..

Its basically a lighting demo of what effects you can render in a tunnel whilst moving at differnt speeds, but you can stop and start the canera and stick a low resolution cabin in the cameras location..

There a better uses of this particular engine available for free on the engines own website..
    Last edited by ightenhill; 08-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.