Thread: Stopping engine light reflection

Default Stopping engine light reflection

Hello there

Looking for two answers, possibly.
    First, what is the parameter (if one exists) to stop an object (like a tree, bush, grass) from being lit up by an engine light? I am trying to eliminate the gooffy daylight illumination. I would change the paramter back for night runs, but I have one particular set of grass files that just look awful during the daytime when approaching and passing them.

Or, if this is an easier approach, is there a way to turn down this effect in the .eng file instead? (though I don't want to lose my headlights in external view)

I'd love to hear any comments, and thank you ahead of time.

Neil

Default Stopping engine light reflection

Neil,

You can shut off the engine cone of light for daylight running. Headlights will still appear lighted.

Go into the lighting section of the locomotive engine file and locate the cone of light parameters section, usually the initial entries. Add new parameter: TimeOfDay ( 2 ) for each cone definition. Cone of light will return when running at night.

Mike

Default Shape File Manager

Search in the file library for sfm.zip and download that. Install, read the instructions. I've found it works best if I make a hacking folder and copy the .s and .sd files a few at a time to that, otherwise it takes forever to build a list of all the shape files in a route.

After that;

Uncompress, edit the texturing to change the "Bright" or "HiShine" to normal or whatever works. Copy it back to the route's folder and see if it looks right, then recompress when you're done fixing it. PO&N coal mine I changed a lot of shapes to DrkShd (dark shade) so the sunlight didn't light them up in the daytime when it's supposed to be "underground".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (20.7 KB, 78 views)

Mike and Jim, thank you both for the replies, much appreciated.

Jim, really neat little utility and I have it already, so this could be fun.

Take care,

Neil