Thread: Rail Simulator 2: Railworks Trailer

Driverman2008 Guest

Default Rail Simulator 2: Railworks Trailer

It's now here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuVU...e=channel_page

Here are my pros and cons about it.

Pros:
    *There's a nice illiusion where a DB V200 diesel turns into a DB 101 electric.
    *It looks like there will be a bigger variety of containers to load onto flatcars.
    *The intro looks very awesome where the word "Railworks" emerges from the steam.
    *Union Pacific F7s and passenger cars have been reveiled for the first time.
    *The turntable turns very smoothly at the beginning, and the 7F doesn't jerk or move on it.

Cons:
    *They still didn't fix the sounds on the GE ES44ACs.
    *Fictional routes turn me off, and I don't want Railsimulator.com to do that again.

What are your thoughts about it?
    Last edited by Driverman2008; 06-11-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Angry Dvd& steam

What is the point of offering dvd format when it still has to be steam activated. I don't want to put my gaming computer on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    *The intro looks very awesome where the word "Railworks" emerges from the steam.
    Indeed, that's why the same thing was used for the Trainz Classics 3 intro

Mike.

Pros:
    *Appears that steam effects are better, more realistic. We didn't really need better ones, but at least they're there for the future.
    *When the locomotive moved on the turntable, it appeared to move more smoothly

Cons:
    *Visibly looks like the old Rail Simulator
    *Sounds are not fixed
    *Headlights are not fixed
    *Poor lighting is not fixed. (A sunny day, looks like a cloudy day.)
    *Skydome does not look right. Why not do something like how the skies are in FSX.
    *Shadows are too light.
    *I could keep going on and on and on and on. Streetlight people...
    Retired train-simmer after buying a computer that can't play train sims.
    Now a writer for the Crawfish Boxes.

I donít see much difference from RS. Looks like a route or two are new. Barstow (I think it was Barstow) looks improved.

My favorite is the Class 37. I remember those from when I lived in the UK (USAF) in the 60ís. That would probably be enough to tempt me.

Have a sparkling day, Bob

I can't really tell from the trailer,but it sounds as if the trailing units not throttling up has not been fixed. I hope I am wrong though because this was one of major gripes about Railsimulator. I guess I will wait until I get home from work tomorrow and see what everyone is saying. I will then decide if I will buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SCRF75 View Post
    I can't really tell from the trailer,but it sounds as if the trailing units not throttling up has not been fixed. I hope I am wrong though because this was one of major gripes about Railsimulator. I guess I will wait until I get home from work tomorrow and see what everyone is saying. I will then decide if I will buy it or not.
    I agree, if that hasnt been fixed then im doubting if its worth my while. Theres almost nothing as annoying as notching out the throttle of the lead unit of a 3 unit consist of SD40-2's and barely hearing anything other than E E E E E E E E E of the trailing units sitting around in idle.
    On vacation from failsim land

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1 View Post
    I agree, if that hasnt been fixed then im doubting if its worth my while. Theres almost nothing as annoying as notching out the throttle of the lead unit of a 3 unit consist of SD40-2's and barely hearing anything other than E E E E E E E E E of the trailing units sitting around in idle.
    Let's just hope that the NA locos have notched throttles!

Quote Originally Posted by Trey1953 View Post
    Let's just hope that the NA locos have notched throttles!
    The locos throttle and train brakes notching can be modified in their Simulation and other files, which however has no effect in helpers it seems, or is pulling power being multiplied by the number of locos in the train, not obvious in any other way ?

All modern helper locos which are remotely controlled by the lead loco's engineer should function the same as his, whether or not their controls move too or not ?

O t t o