Thread: Well, maybe I will...

Default Well, maybe I will...

As some of you know, I've been involved with MTST since the brginning. I held off on getting RS because I've been happy with the original. I know that many of you here have migrated to RS in the past couple of years (hi, Sniper, it's been a while,) But now I'm thinking I might need to try RW.

Any advice from anybody? I'll mention here that I'm not giving up MSTS, though.

Nick

Thumbs down Wait!

Don't buy now, hold off until it becomes clear what you're actually buying. Unless, of course, you got money falling out of your pockets and don't mind wasting it. If I had any to spare I'd buy Trainz 2009 and check that out, since Phil has already said the AI traffic in Trainz works the way I want it to. New release today is "Railworks", touted as a new game but basically railsim patch mark 3 that you have to pay for. Since nothing is known at this point about what works and what don't work in the new game, I'd stay with MSTS if I were you for at least another couple weeks.

AI in Trainz 2009 works but you have to "manage it" with track direction settings or lots of false waits. Scenery objects are from the stone age and Auran has not yet provided any. Developers are slow to invest time to do the stuff as arguments over alpha on vegetation may change things. Also, they have that weird compass thing that reduces flexibility in viewing. The ground textures made for TS2009 are quite nice, or at least many are. Some are ridiculous in terms of overly saturated colors but enough to do something to overcome the 4 sided trees.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Thanks, Jim. since this would be my first purchase on the RS/RW side, the "patch" thing doesn't affect me. It ain't gonna be an upgrade; I don't have anything at the moment.

I do have a few dollars to play with at the mement, and I'm one of the few who are still employed, so buy it now or buy it in a couple of weeks don't make a difference to me right now.

And I have no intentions of giving up MSTS. I'm waiting for Tim Muir's Pacific Electric. have you seen the screenshots at Elvas Tower? Very impressive.