Thread: Railworks user-defined scenario-unique destination markers

Default Railworks user-defined scenario-unique destination markers

I had hoped that RailWorks would have the user-defined scenario-unique destination markers that RSAdam once promised in the railsimulator.com forum. It apparently does not. I sure hope that is still in the works.

[later]

I of course was totally wrong about this. Apologies.
    Last edited by gwgardner; 06-14-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Default User defined scenario markers

Unless there has been some change, I found the scenario markers quite easily. Created a new scenario, place the scenario destination markers and ran a test scenario. All was wel, switched back to a default scenario, on the Barstow route and they were gone. Sounds like they are working to me. I have not tried the same with the platform and siding markers. Attached is a picture of their location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jimbf; 06-15-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Destination Markers, Siding Markers & Platform Markers are able to be placed in scenarios for additional pathing.

The function actually works, another steal from Trainz.

Default Problem with using the 'Scenario destination markers'.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbf View Post
    Unless there has been some change, I found the scenario markers quite easily. Created a new scenario, place the scenario destination markers and ran a test scenario. All was wel, switched back to a default scenario, on the Barstow route and they were gone. Sounds like they are working to me. I have not tried the same with the platform and siding markers. Attached is a picture of their location.
    Hi,

I have tried several times to use these 'Scenario destination markers', but receive an error message "Missing Markers" when clicking on the 'Run Sim' (large orange arrow).

I have placed the 'Scenario destination markers' on the track in Scenario 'Edit' mode and they display on the 3D and the 2D map views, they can also be added (successfully) to a 'Stop At Pathing Tab' over the Player Loco, but after receiving the Error message and on returning to 'Edit' mode there are question marks after the 'Scenario destination markers' in the 'Stop At Pathing Tab' over the Player Loco.

I am obviously doing something wrong in how I place the 'Scenario destination markers' on the track, could anyone please give me the correct method of how to place and use these markers?

Thanks.

Rob.

EDIT: I have received the answer on a UKTS Thread, thought I'd Post it here in case anyone else is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jkxx74
    Rob,

next time give this a try - save your route with the new markers added and then proceed to play mode. You'll possibly get an error. Ignore it and exit the route going back to the 'Routes' select screen. Then open the route again and set up your scenario. When finished do the same - play, possibly error, exit, enter the new scenario directly from the route select select. I have found that this tends to eliminate the strange problems when going directly from design to play mode.

Cheers,

jkxx
    Hi jkxx,

Thanks for replying, tried what you suggested and at first couldn't get it work. Then I removed everything out of the Scenario including the Player Loco, placed the new Markers and did as you said then went back in and placed the Player loco and Pathing Tabs.

Guess what it worked a treat.

Thanks a lot for your help I have been struggling with this for ages, this really opens up my Scenario making now.

Brilliant! thanks again for your help on this.

Owe you one Mate.

Rob.
    Last edited by emrhd01; 06-16-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Answer obtained.

Default No joy

Quote Originally Posted by emrhd01 View Post
    Hi,
    EDIT: I have received the answer on a UKTS Thread, thought I'd Post it here in case anyone else is interested.
    I've tried to follow the instructions and still can't get it to work. Guess I still doing something wrong but it seems like simple instructions that I should be able to get correct.

When saving and exiting, does it matter if I use F2 to save or the "DRIVE" button (orange triangle/arrow) that ask if I want to save scenario?

In the old RS you sometimes had to click on the screen (other than flyout) to get the change to "take".
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Default finally got it

With some great difficult I finally got the scenario markers to work and have re-created a scenario originally requiring a route rewrite using RS (cajon revised.) https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...01#post1499501 This time all I needed to do was add the scenario destination and platform markers into a default route (Barstow.)
    Two observations: 1) Once I had one of the markers working and saving correctly (after several failed and frustrating attempts,) they all began to work flawlessly and could be added, moved and deleted with no problems for the scenario. 2) Addition of some scenery assets as a part of the scenario creates a scenery folder inside the scenario folder. I had not noticed this in RS. Inside this folder appears to be scenery tile revisions or replacement tiles for the areas that contain the assets. However, the addition of the scenario markers does not seem to add track tiles - overall strange.
    Last edited by jimbf; 06-19-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: error

Default F2 Saves - Yes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRon View Post
    I've tried to follow the instructions and still can't get it to work. Guess I still doing something wrong but it seems like simple instructions that I should be able to get correct.

When saving and exiting, does it matter if I use F2 to save or the "DRIVE" button (orange triangle/arrow) that ask if I want to save scenario?
    Hi Ron,

Yes I save after placing the first Scenario Marker using F2 (I always place a Rolling Stock item on the track and then delete it before saving with F2, I find using this method ensures the Save is made).

After this first save I find I can then add the Player Loco and additional Scenario Destination Markers with no problems. Hope you get sorted out with it.