Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS - RW Asset Conversion Manual Available

Default RS - RW Asset Conversion Manual Available

Again, here for anyone to move their RS assets to RailWorks.
    You can download the manual there, but you have to login or register to get it. Others have said this manual was very helpful, so if you're having trouble, this would be the way to go.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/DigiRails_Forums/

The manual is in the downloads section marked "RailWorks Conversion Manuals"
    Thanks. Have Fun!
    Retired train-simmer after buying a computer that can't play train sims.
    Now a writer for the Crawfish Boxes.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBelter View Post
    Have Fun!
    Your manual is awesome. Got all my RS assets into RW by just following your instructions. Everything works! The bit about how to handle the RW Kuju folder was brilliant. Packaging stuff still gives me the willies, so you saved me hours of hand copying hundreds of nested folders.

Looking forward to your Routes transfer manual.

Thanks a lot, man.

-Jev

I too rec'd your manual and followed it to a t

but now have problems

It seems on some routes I have moved into RW, that MANY tree's are missing that seem to be from RS as all the 3dt trees seem to be there

The cascade route I have and tried is missing many scenery items although I have in rs working fine and moved ALL folders as you sugested

I did delete all the blueprint files too

ANY idea's gentlemen as to why they 'all' didn't move over properly?

Quote Originally Posted by UP440DDX View Post
    I too rec'd your manual and followed it to a t

but now have problems

It seems on some routes I have moved into RW, that MANY tree's are missing that seem to be from RS as all the 3dt trees seem to be there

The cascade route I have and tried is missing many scenery items although I have in rs working fine and moved ALL folders as you sugested

I did delete all the blueprint files too

ANY idea's gentlemen as to why they 'all' didn't move over properly?
    This has happened to me, but I found out the Kuju folder from RailWorks (The one in a safe place as recommended by the manual) did not get copied all the way back into the RailWorks Assets folder. You may need to copy it again.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBelter View Post
    This has happened to me, but I found out the Kuju folder from RailWorks (The one in a safe place as recommended by the manual) did not get copied all the way back into the RailWorks Assets folder. You may need to copy it again.
    thank you

what do you suggest I do now?

yes it's some RS trees that are missing and some scenery items

just copy again the kuju RW folder back in?

I don't even know if RW can be re-installed if needed to?
    as now maybe something is wrong

any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

what do you suggest I do now?

yes it's some RS trees that are missing and some scenery items

just copy again the kuju RW folder back in?

I don't even know if RW can be re-installed if needed to?
    as now maybe something is wrong

any assistance is greatly appreciated
    The RSDL folder is in the assets folder. The Foliage01 is in the RSDL folder. Just copy the RSDL folder over to the assets folder and delete the blueprints.pak file in the Foliage01 folder and make sure the filter is checked in RW.
    Tom

Thank you Tom but again, it seems to be default trees, not the foliage pack

Here is what is happening

-After following cottonbelters manual to a t

In my digitrails route CSCD the trees and some scenery don't show although I did copy all folders

here is the issue:

The item 'Tree Fir Pine Line near' appears fine in the RS version of the cscd route

IN RW, it DOES appear in the editor, but when the route loads in RW the tree mentioned DOES NOT appear

and more info- when I try a testmap I can PLACE the tree, then save, but when I click play they disappear!

so I HAVE the tree in RW, but it dosent display when in the CSCD route in RW and the engine shed at start locations and more missing, but I copied all folders

make sense? seems like some type of glitch through the copy procedure of default items

??

any more help would be greatly apreciated

Thank you Tom but again, it seems to be default trees, not the foliage pack

Here is what is happening

-After following cottonbelters manual to a t

In my digitrails route CSCD the trees and some scenery don't show although I did copy all folders

here is the issue:

The item 'Tree Fir Pine Line near' appears fine in the RS version of the cscd route

IN RW, it DOES appear in the editor, but when the route loads in RW the tree mentioned DOES NOT appear

and more info- when I try a testmap I can PLACE the tree, then save, but when I click play they disappear!

so I HAVE the tree in RW, but it dosent display when in the CSCD route in RW and the engine shed at start locations and more missing, but I copied all folders

make sense? seems like some type of glitch through the copy procedure of default items

??

any more help would be greatly apreciated
    That's buggy! Hmm. I don't have anymore ideas for you. Seems like an internal bug.

I removed RW completely and did the process again

this time simply by:

re-installing a clean new RW
    saving the rs cscd assets out into an rpk file

loading them into RW

loading then route into RW

and all now works correctly

I don't think your method cottonbelter is a good one I am sorry to say as it does overwrite files it shouldn't I have been told but thank you anyways

all is working now

FWIW, I used Cottonbelters method to transfer my RS assets to RW and it all went without a hitch.