Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Ogden & Chicago Beta-7A for RW

Default Port Ogden & Chicago Beta-7A for RW

Its great! Great looking scenery . One thing I noticed though after the first install of this RW program would start, screen goes black and then nothing, it just vanishes. No error no nothing.

To be honest, this happened when I first ran RW after install, so maybe its creating something? Blueprints perhaps?

Matt

Default Specifically...

Could you identify "it" more precisely? Start up RW, the screen goes black and you're looking at your desktop again, RW doesn't launch? Or RW launches and you try to run the route, screen goes black and you're looking at the RW route selection menu again? Have you done repeated tests to see if it does it on subsequent attempts, or only the first time? Have you installed other addon routes and had the same glitch, or is this the only one? Pure techie question just out of curiousity, I downloaded the above RAR and pointed it to railsim - won't work in railsim as is, cuz it installs a mini routes.xml in the route's folder;

Can anyone check and confirm that's how they changed it?

All that technical stuff out of the way, how about some screenshots? Like to see a before and after comparison, same route pics from RS and RW to see how improved "improved" is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (58.9 KB, 138 views)

I'll need to spend more time testing, but after I installed the beta I got the a dark screen as normal, a busy mouse then nothing. Next run was fine and launched with no issues.

It maybe blueprints related, but shall do more testing later .

Hi Jim,

I downloaded the "Port Ogden & Chicago Beta-7A for RW" and no problems. I installed manually because I thought Asset setup didn't work with RW. There was a few trees floating in the air but gave them the "J" key.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat41 View Post
    I downloaded the "Port Ogden & Chicago Beta-7A for RW" and no problems. I installed manually because I thought Asset setup didn't work with RW.
    Like I mentioned in the RW README, ignore that the RW_RouteSetup.exe says: Install Assets and run it, Mike Simpson has not changed to Install Route up to 1.0.8, which is the last version I got.

Copying the uncompressed RailWorks folders into your RW should also work, the RW installs no longer updating a Routes.xml , but run my #-DELETE-PAK.BAT before starting RW, assuming that it's RailWorks.exe will re-create them the same as the RailSimEditor.exe does ?

O t t o
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 06-18-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTux View Post
    I'll need to spend more time testing, but after I installed the beta I got the a dark screen as normal, a busy mouse then nothing. Next run was fine and launched with no issues.
    The RW_RouteSetup.exe deletes all PAK files, so the next time you start RW might get a black screen while the RailWorks.exe is re-creating them and not the next time it is being run.

RS is doing that too until the Rail Simulator logo appears and depending on the speed of the CPU may take longer on some computers and perhaps RW also taking longer than RS does ?

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    The RW_RouteSetup.exe deletes all PAK files, so the next time you start RW might get a black screen while the RailWorks.exe is re-creating them and not the next time it is being run.

RS is doing that too until the Rail Simulator logo appears and depending on the speed of the CPU may take longer on some computers and perhaps RW also taking longer than RS does ?

O t t o
    Well confirmed it is the lack of blueprints. I ran the Delete Pak batch file, then the game and it went black for a few seconds after which it booted me back to the RW splash screen.

Next launch went perfectly fine, so I am sure its just building blueprints.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTux View Post
    Well confirmed it is the lack of blueprints. I ran the Delete Pak batch file, then the game and it went black for a few seconds after which it booted me back to the RW splash screen.

Next launch went perfectly fine, so I am sure its just building blueprints.

Matt
    The blueprints.pak in the RailSimulatorCore folder is whats doing it. Give it a try, just delete that one and you'll see. RS is also the same way. I think something from the RailSimulatorCore folder is trying to load something first.
    Last edited by tomkat41; 06-18-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat41 View Post
    The blueprints.pak in the RailSimulatorCore folder is whats doing it. Give it a try, just delete that one and you'll see. RS is also the same way. I think something from the RailSimulatorCore folder is trying to load something first.
    My #-DELETE-PAK.BAT does nothing if it is not run !

If it has, as it should after having added more assets to RS or RW, then RS / RW will show this black screen for a while, re-creating all the Blueprints.pak files for all the assets installed. The more of them the longer that will take.

If they have not been deleted then RS / RW will take less time showing that black screen.

Does the -NoSplashScreens command line switch still work ? Using it with RS still shows the black screen to start but then loads a lot faster !

O t t o