Thread: Just Curious

Unhappy Just Curious

I have downloaded JesseJames's 40 foot boxcars which, by the way, are very well skinned; however, there seems to be 5 various colored patches on one side only, that seemed to be used for numbers. Since he has skinned them to utlilize only the number on the skin, these patches look awful and destroy the looks of the car. I have inserted all his 40 footers in my route, and they all have those patches on the same side, so obviously this is something specific to Dick's original kit.

I have looked high and low, and I cannot seem to find a way to delete those patches from the cars; any suggestions would be welcome, as I have tried about everything.

A screen shot would be nice!
    Retired train-simmer after buying a computer that can't play train sims.
    Now a writer for the Crawfish Boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by BN1970 View Post
    I have looked high and low, and I cannot seem to find a way to delete those patches from the cars; any suggestions would be welcome, as I have tried about everything.
    These patches are probably missing textures, numbers ?

After installing any assets all Blueprints.pak files in the RailWorks\Assets folders have to be deleted first before running RW !

O t t o

Thanks, Otto, I always delete the .pak files after each attempt, but still no joy. The patches seem to follow the primary number textures, but I can't see where they are calling for them at. Haven't found any mention of them in the .bin files anywhere. I tried removing the TGPCDX files for the primary numbers and the patches turned to the "textures missing" logo, so I must be on the right track.

Cottonbelter, here are the pics:

Thanks, Otto, I always delete the .pak files after each attempt, but still no joy. The patches seem to follow the primary number textures, but I can't see where they are calling for them at. Haven't found any mention of them in the .bin files anywhere. I tried removing the TGPCDX files for the primary numbers and the patches turned to the "textures missing" logo, so I must be on the right track.
    If you have RS then install them and have a look to see whether whatever is still missing.

If so then give me a link to where you got them from and I shall check them out.

O t t o

Darn it, Otto, I just removed RS the other day; so I can't check them out there. Here is the link to the KRS Digi Rails forum where I got them; you will have to register to get access I believe:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/DigiRails_Forums/index/

Darn it, Otto, I just removed RS the other day; so I can't check them out there. Here is the link to the KRS Digi Rails forum where I got them; you will have to register to get access I believe:
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/DigiRails_Forums/index/
    I am not sure whether I am welcome there !

Why don't you ask them what the problem is ?

O t t o

Have Registered, the page still welcoming me as Guest and the bottom showing me as a member.

Where is their downloads page ?

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images