Thread: Anemic scenario creation with the default routes

Default Anemic scenario creation with the default routes

Most of the default routes for Railworks have yards with no passing tracks, sidings all facing the same directions, sidings that go nowhere. In many yards there is just not much that can be done other than couple to a consist and take off.

For future routes, RSDL needs to take into consideration OPERATIONS. Not just point to point running.

I'm looking forward to some user-created routes for Railworks with more attention to operations.

(don't tell me to go make my own! Just not into that. But I'd love to make scenarios.)

Quote Originally Posted by gwgardner View Post
    Most of the default routes for Railworks have yards with no passing tracks, sidings all facing the same directions, sidings that go nowhere. In many yards there is just not much that can be done other than couple to a consist and take off.

For future routes, RSDL needs to take into consideration OPERATIONS. Not just point to point running.

I'm looking forward to some user-created routes for Railworks with more attention to operations.
    Do you have RS installed and have added some US routes which meet your preferences ? Like these routes and their yards below.

Until I have checked out RailWorks next month and have found it good enough will not make RW versions of them available. It would appear already that creating RW Standards Scenarios with AI services is beset with problems.

O t t o

Indeed I do. Your freeroam routes, or whatever they're called are one of the bright spots of Railsim. I have ported over the Cajon Otto to Railworks, but haven't tried it yet.

The CAjon route does have some good operational aspects, unlike most of the others. Hagen-Siegen does too. I think Bath-Templecombe would be ok but for the dual mainline, which screws up pathing for player trains.