Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniper297-Universal Texture Set?

Default Sniper297-Universal Texture Set?

I moved the Siniper297 asset to RW assets. Modified the San Bernadino to Barstow route.xml. Changed the Terrain Provider to sniper297. Selected the Sniper297 asset in the flyout. Result no ground textures - all black. Must be missing a step??
    Last edited by boleyd; 06-19-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Default Yup

Got the wrong one, delete that \Assets\Sniper297 folder, it's been superseded by \Assets\PortOgden.

http://www.humyo.com/F/9455455-70523...NkYzg4MTgxODk=

That one has the latest, which SHOULD work on any railsim route provided you change the terrain texturing path in the routes.xml file. Dunno how it works in RW, but for RS the \Assets\PortOgden\Railsimulator\Environment\Terrai n\Texturing.bin has default textures on top, US textures underneath. \Assets\PortOgden\RailsimulatorUS\Environment\Terr ain\Texturing.bin is the opposite. My testing showed that you didn't get altered textures or black terrain with existing routes that had been previously painted with either the default or US textures provided you pointed it to the correct subfolder in \Assets\PortOgden. How it works with ReckWorks I can't tell since I ain't got it, I hear they changed it so you could use all the default and US textures in the same route just by setting the object filter.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Dunno how it works in RW, but for RS the \Assets\PortOgden\Railsimulator\Environment\Terrai n\Texturing.bin has default textures on top, US textures underneath. \Assets\PortOgden\RailSimulatorUS\Environment\Terr ain\Texturing.bin is the opposite.
    In order for RW to be aware of them they have to be listed in the Pon-Chicago's route folder new RouteProperties.xml, which is nothing more than it's paragraph moved into it from the RS Routes.xml and running my #-DELETE-PAK.BAT in the RailWorks folder will make sure that RW gets the message the next time it is being run.

O t t o

Thumbs down

Dumped the PAKs, Selected asset Port Ogden, Port Ogden is the Terrain Provider in the route.bin (new construct), the folder name remains railsimulatorus which matches you name. No luck

First is new RW E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\Kuju\Ra ilSimulatorUS\Environment\Terrain

Second is RS E:\Rail Simulator\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\Environment\ Terrain
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Wink Don't this belong in the route design forum?

Hee-hee, gonna have to shoot another email to Nels - if RW hasn't changed anything in the world editor, maybe the RS route design forum should be changed to RS-RW route design forum. Definitely need a separate one for scenarios cuz what I understand they added scenario specific markers. Also heard THAT'S buggy, but that's par for the course.

Well, lessee what you're doing here, all the internal paths in the custom texturing.bin file point to \Assets\PortOgden\RailsimulatorUS\Environment\Terr ain, and you're trying to use them from \Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\Environment\Terrain and wondering why they don't work? In RS you edit the master routes.xml file, from what i've heard RadicalWorks has a mini route.xml file in each routes folder. if that's the case, then that one is the one you need to hack;

<TerrainBlueprint>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">Kuju</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">railsimulatorus</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Environment\Terrain\Texturin g.xml</BlueprintID>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    </TerrainBlueprint>

Replace Kuju with Port Ogden;

<TerrainBlueprint>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">PortOgden</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">railsimulatorus</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Environment\Terrain\Texturin g.xml</BlueprintID>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    </TerrainBlueprint>

And that should work. Whole point of making it that way was to avoid overwriting the defaults, looks to me like you did that anyway.

Two things bother me about this, if I can combine both of their texture sets that way, why couldn't they do it for the mark 2 patch? I assumed it was because they were fixing that so the object set filter added ground textures as well as assets, apparently that's not the case? What DID they improve other than eye candy?

KISS - after un-zipping the attached just COPY/PASTE it's pon-chicago Beta-7A route folder into your RailWorks\Content\Routes folder.

The PortOgden assets folder must be in the RailWorks\Assets folder.

O t t o
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs down Mmmm, no.

That wouldn't work, Otto, that's for PO&C, he's trying to get it into HIS route. If what I'm hearing is the way it is (again, I don't have this thing yet) what they need to do is go into the RailWorks\Content\Routes\ABCDEFG-123456789-Whatever-The-Number-Is folder and open the RouteProperties.xml file FOR THAT ROUTE and change the terrain texturing datablock as in my previous post.

O.K., simpler still !

Attached is just the Pon-Textures data block for inserting into his route's RouteProperties.xml, overwriting the existing one.

O t t o
    Attached Files Attached Files

I used the new mini route.xml for the specific route. The common one is gone. The construct for a route looks the sane as the olde days.It look sot be quite simple instead of pointing to the old area for texture specs you use the Port Ogden one. Then select it in the asset selector with its select only ticks.I need to look at the code more closely since it is tough to make a mistake with only two things to do. Maybe in the construct of the texture data since even old RS was sensitive to the order.
    Regards - Dick

Exclamation Hold the phone!

Just looked at an old copy of the \Sniper297 scenery thingamy, that one was set up for default only, \Sniper297\Railsimulator, no US subfolder. If you started painting Cajon with that one you might need to restore the MixMap folder. But are you saying the texturing section is updated by the object filter now or not? Can you open Cajon Pass, set the object filter for Kuju\Railsimulator ON, and get the oxford-padlocker texture set in addition to the US set? Open Hagen-Applestrudel and use the US textures along with the Europaints without needing to hack anything?