Thread: Empty Source Folder

Question Empty Source Folder

Should anything be in the RW Source folder? It is empty. Obviously previous customers can copy old Source info.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Should anything be in the RW Source folder? It is empty. Obviously previous customers can copy old Source info.
    AFAIK nothing in RS is referencing what is in this folder and don't think that RW does, nothing much if anything having changed in it's source code.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    RW doesn't come with one unless you copy the source folder over from RS or create something in the asset/blueprint editor. The source folder is used if you want to create your route from scratch or if you want to make/edit blueprints.
    Tom

I thought that the old RSDL released some of the blueprints for a few included elements to help people make changes. Guess they are all once again retained and not available to customers. Yes, the RS blueprints are there along with stuff I had made but there is always the possibility that something may have changed. Given the lack of significant change in the making of RW, using the old RS things should be harmless.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Hi

I copied a loco into the "Source" directory and it then showed in the Railworks Editors. I couldn't do anything with the actual files but at least the files showed. I'm probably needing the dev tools to do anything and I don't think they are available yet.

I'd like to try tinkering with the North American physics a bit to see if it can act more like a real railroad.

GaryG

the source folder is where you develop your OWN source.

The source directory is also used to create 'Neamed Markers' see this link :
    http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki...rence%20Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
    The source directory is also used to create 'Named Markers' see this link :
    http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki...rence%20Manual
    Where in that linked to article does it say how to create "Named Route Markers", some underlined links saying this: pages that still have rail simulator in them ?

Checking the relevant paragraph on the subject in the RS Developer Docs describes a convoluted method involving GOOGLE EARTH and have posted a much easier method of creating them many times.

O t t o

like i siad, if you have ever made anything for railsim you do it in the source folder, its where the initial blueprints and igs models and ace textures etc go. the asset editor looks in this folder and exports from there to the railsim/railworks asset folder. its simply a development space for ease of use.