Thread: Engine Goes Sideways

Thumbs down Engine Goes Sideways

This is an AI engine in Rascal and Cottonwood route. It is placed on the right-hand track. Start and at the first switch it goes into the position in the photo. At the next switch the two tracks join and it continues on its "AI" way!

Happened twice. Using destination discs. As a ranter and whiner this leaves me speechless.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Hehe. I have done that a few times at South San.

GBSD70ACe

Cool Not a bug, that's a "feature"!

Why do you think they have parallel tracks there? Weight distribution, saves wear and tear on the rails if only half the weight is on each track.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showpo...4&postcount=22

A feature carried over from the beta version I mean Rail Simulator, if I CAN throw a switch set for an AI path (gotta get really really close) the switch snaps back after one car goes thru, looks to me like they "enhanced" it by having it reset the switch after one truck instead of the whole car.

Damn thats funny!. I think images like that one are proof positive that this sim has some basic flaws that could be easily corrected. I mean, how complicated could it be to program in a forced derailment in a situation like that?

Regards

John
    Last edited by spec5sx; 06-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Default The Suggestion Box

To make suggestions for improvement there is a hurdle from the Wiki:
    Q: Where can I submit new feature requests to the Development Team?
    A: RailSimulator?.com are not currently taking stock of user suggested new feature requests while the official website is still being developed. More information on this will be made available soon. 18/06/2009
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    This is an AI engine in Rascal and Cottonwood route. It is placed on the right-hand track. Start and at the first switch it goes into the position in the photo. At the next switch the two tracks join and it continues on its "AI" way!

Happened twice. Using destination discs. As a ranter and whiner this leaves me speechless.
    How do you get the route imported into RW? I haven't been able to get it to work.

The route comes from Allaboard packaged in an RPK file that can be installed through RW's built in package manager. Much easier than trying to transfer over. Only problem is that you will lose any scenarios that you might have made.

Craig

Believe me, that is all to possible out on the railroad. I have had a switcher do that once on me. Hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by spec5sx View Post
    Damn thats funny!. I think images like that one are proof positive that this sim has some basic flaws that could be easily corrected. I mean, how complicated could it be to program in a forced derailment in a situation like that?

Regards

John

GBSD70ACe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
    The route comes from Allaboard packaged in an RPK file that can be installed through RW's built in package manager. Much easier than trying to transfer over. Only problem is that you will lose any scenarios that you might have made.

Craig
    I used RS Tools to move over my RS Verson. Did simple copy for the Allaboard assets(goodies).
    Regards - Dick

Quote Originally Posted by GBSD70Ace View Post
    Believe me, that is all to possible out on the railroad. I have had a switcher do that once on me. Hehe.
    Wow! I wasn't even aware the wheel trucks on a loco could rotate that far.