Thread: How to

Default How to

What is the best way to clone/copy a scenario ? So : including all rolling stock etc

I still do not see why they did not implement a simple function like 'load X' 'save as Y ' or 'copy X to Y'

RW_Tools can move routes and ALL their scenarios from RS into RW, but if they are default scenarios for default routes then the existing RS default scenarios will wipe out the improved by RW ones, causing problems when running them as has been reported already !

It also does not copy any non-default rolling stock assets from RS into RW which has to be done manually.

O t t o

Default overwrite

The obvious solution to otto's observation above, is to clone any modified scenario using RS_Tools before moving the scenario over to RW via RW_Tools. See above for Mike Simpson's download site.

Default tools

Thanks for the answers.
    I already made a donation for Mike's tools.

But my real point is : if such a simple basic function needs a tool from a third party we will never get a 'flood ' of nice scenarios.
    Where scenarios will be no more than trains moving around without serious interaction with the player....

grtz
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by marjal View Post
    But my real point is: if such a simple basic function needs a tool from a third party we will never get a 'flood ' of nice scenarios.
    Where scenarios will be no more than trains moving around without serious interaction with the player....
    Those creating new scenarios in RW routes and then package them with the RW Packager they should then install into somebody else's route without problems.

But then nobody has tried that yet, there being problems creating them and AI services !

O t t o