Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Signal 3 lights Stay on?

Default Simple Signal 3 lights Stay on?

I have not messed with signals for quite awhile rcognizing their were problems. So, as per the picture, I placed a BSNF 0T Tall signal with its sensing link as shown. The engine is a player mode unit. I go to player mode and the three lights remain on. I drive the train past the signal link and they all are on. I reverse it past the signal link and they all remain on. This may be a problem of not having a rail background but I would guess that the signal would only show red when the engine was in its curent position. Three lights on should never occur in player/driver mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Cool Have you SEEN the LIGHT!!

Might want to look at this again;

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=306&t=95470

My experience with RS shows I have to save and exit back to the route selection menu and restart the scenario to get the signals to figure out what they're supposed to be doing. Even then it's iffy, the intervals (1H0T) sometimes don't clear after a train leaves the block, sometimes don't turn red when a player train enters the block. Gotta remember the signals and AI aren't actually looking at the train itself, they're looking at the invisible path (blue line in 2D map) that the train is running on.

There should be an Initial function at the beginning to set several signal parameters including lights. So the signal should start with only one light on if that is properly there. Subsequent logic may mess it up, of course.
    Last edited by boleyd; 06-21-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Default Missing BNSF scripts

The BNSF scripts are missing from the install and I sent an email last week to let them know. I received no response but then again, I did not ask any questions. Without the scripts the signal can not initialize and they do what you are seeing.
    Last edited by pikehkr; 06-21-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Not being a signals expert like Hank, I do however know that real signals and those in MSTS turn from GREEN to RED as soon as the loco or engine car of a trainset passes it.

Is this not the case in RW ?

O t t o

It happens but I think that there are exceptions. I was going to learn LuLu or LUA(whatever it is) but I think that the amount of situations that arose from signals says I would be knee deep in a pile of dung. Since the Rail Simulation has cutoff most communications (shades of Iran) with its customers I will spend more time with X-Plane and Trainz. They ain't perfect but at least the vendor is alive and can communicate. RW is turning into an ever narrowing blind alley. Time spent in areas that work could be well spent or a complete waste of time. Presently we are told to wait at least a month to give the staff a chance to recover and develop processes to deal with the new product. Now that is provacative.

The above is an inaccurate representation of the product and its support.
    Last edited by boleyd; 06-22-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Reformed
    Regards - Dick

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

See? Everybody complained about "nevergreen trees" in MSTS. Now you get "evergreen trees" in RS!

Robert

From the status updates

BNSF related signals are missing LUA scripts

Currently the BNSF named US signal assets in RailWorks? are missing their associated LUA scripts which enable them to function. Developers are advised to replace these with, and instead use the identical and fully functional Def2 US signal assets. A solution to this is expected in the next RailWorks? update
    Last edited by Capt_Scarlet; 07-17-2009 at 04:49 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Scarlet View Post
    From the status updates
    Question - what are the Status Updates? Where can we get them?

Another would be what was the date of this update?

If there is a formal status and update information place that would be a big step forward. No problem with managed info instead of the free-for-all on public forums.
    Regards - Dick

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Question - what are the Status Updates? Where can we get them?

Another would be what was the date of this update?

If there is a formal status and update information place that would be a big step forward. No problem with managed info instead of the free-for-all on public forums.
    http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki...Status+Updates

It was added today