Thread: Passenger Car Doors Won't Open?

Driverman2008 Guest

Default Passenger Car Doors Won't Open?

I'm making a new scenario for Cajon Pass with an F7-pulled passenger train. I made platform markers at all the stations (I even replaced the siding markers at Barstow Station with platform markers). And now I can't get the doors to open when I press "T" and stopped at the station. I'm using the Union Pacific coaches here and the doors won't open up when I'm stopped at Barstow station. However, I did see them open at San Bernardino station. So what I would like is a solution to this problem please.

If I'm really satisfied, I might upload it in the file library if all works out so you can give it a try! Despite the fact that I don't download too much third party content from other users. Don't worry, the requirements for this scenario I'm working on are not that big. All you need is Railworks and the North American Freight Car Pack addon from RSDL.

Your help and support is much appreciated!

Talking I don't download 3rd party scenarios!

So what makes you think I want yours?

Seriously, you need three things to load passengers, a coach or "carriage" for passenger with animated doors, a trackside platform that generates passengers, and a platform marker on the track.

I made three stops on this demo route;

Got the first part here, passenger train, and a platform marker on the track, but no passenger generating platform so mashing the T key as hard as I can merely sprains my finger, doors don't open.

Trackside platform with night of the living dead zombies, but no platform marker on the track, also won't load.

All three elements in place, platform marker, trackside platform, and train with doors, T for Tea Time.

There are some big stations that have static object platforms, for those you have to add the invisible platform loft on top to generate passengers. If the route you're doing this on isn't your own creation, you're stuck with designing the scenario around stations that have both platform markers and passenger platforms, if it's your own route just add the platforms and platform markers wherever you want to load and unload passengers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (38.3 KB, 220 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (42.1 KB, 211 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (58.0 KB, 212 views)
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (51.8 KB, 214 views)

Driverman2008 Guest

I've got all three things you said, my man. But it still won't work. Barstow station does have spawning people, the Union Pacific coach doors do open and close (it worked for me at San Bernardino station), and I replaced the siding markers at Barstow station with platform ones (the green lines in the editing tools).

Default Hmmmm

Well, I don't have railworks yet so I'm troubleshooting by remote control here. On railsim the Barstow Amtrack station platforms are scenery objects with no passengers, maybe they changed that for railworks.

Driverman2008 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Well, I don't have railworks yet so I'm troubleshooting by remote control here. On railsim the Barstow Amtrack station platforms are scenery objects with no passengers, maybe they changed that for railworks.
    Yes indeed. The stations on Cajon Pass have been fixed in Railworks and people do spawn at all three. You just need to add markers at the stations.

Well, the good news is, the coaches do work now! I've managed to load and unload passengers at the stations in my new scenario.

However, the AI trains in my scenario (all freight trains) move way too slowly. They crawlll on the mainline like snails. How do I make them go at the speed limit? I have them set as "Standard Freight Trains".
    Last edited by Driverman2008; 06-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    the AI trains in my scenario (all freight trains) move way too slowly.
    That's strange. Others are reporting AI trains "are like rockets" . Anyway, press spacebar 3 times, then hover your mouse pointer over the tracks and wait a second. It will show the primary and secondary speed. If you find it too slow, you can change it clicking "Linear object tool" then "Select". Drag mouse while holding left button down, over a section of track. On the right pannel that pops up change the speeds to your preferences. Note that if you select more than one track section you might not be able to change anything. Press enter each time after typing speed.
    Sorry if i misspell. English is not my native language.